Will VerticalScope try to acquire Xenforo?

AWS

Money does crazy things to people. I'm not saying it has/will happen. but, if someone drop millions of dollars on the table I am not so sure they wouldn't take it. John and James did it at vBulletin and no one thought they would do it either.

briansol

I think XF is different from TL in that the purchase would be software assets, not customer's content.

Still, i'm glad i never used TL. That's a horrible thing and i hope people read the terms of the data and use privacy.

Either way, if xf gets acquired, i will continue to run my license as is but might no upgrade.

briansol

Well, yeah, but i don't think anyone with an existing site is using their cloud as there's no conversion process to get there.

but, that may all change at some point.

self-host.
read the privacy policy and data
understand implications if the company you are using sells out.

mavortium

I feel OP's anxiety. I went through the car crash that was vb being sold to internet brands and I don't want to repeat the same years long s-show. I too am worried about Vertical Scope, as they've made multiple attempts to acquire my forums over the years (most recent offer was last month). It hadn't occurred to me that they could buy Xenforo and now I feel like an idiot. From their point of view it would make good business sense. Now I'm going to have nightmares about this...

FTL

I have no idea if XF will be bought out, but I do know that if enough money is waived at almost all people, they will sell. I hope XF stays as it is, but, unfortunately, nothing is 100% certain. Merry Christmas everyone.

Last edited:

jul

I'm actually curious how IB ruined vB. Is there any juicy link any of you can share that partly explains what happened and how it changed things?

FTL

I'm actually curious how IB ruined vB. Is there any juicy link any of you can share that partly explains what happened and how it changed things?
Here's a couple for ya.

Enjoy. :cool: