Will VerticalScope try to acquire Xenforo?

Why would you prepare for a possibly unrealistic hypothetical situation? There are a bunch of different hypothetical situations that are possible, but not necessarily probable.

It is possible that XF ends development, and shuts down... But the probability is unlikely as they've increased their revenue and income with Cloud.

It is possible that XF is acquired by VerticalScope/Internet Brands or some other company... But again, the addition of Cloud makes that less probable unless Kier wanted to cash out.

The world could become sentient and implode upon itself due to getting fed up with the sheer idiocy of the overall population of the world, but that's also not very likely.

Even if it did happen, people could choose to stay on the current version of XenForo until they have the ability to transfer away (if they chose to do so).
All I said was that it would be good to know if XF ever decided to sell. That’s all. I didn’t say they were. I meant as if.

All I said was that it would be good to know if XF ever decided to sell. That’s all. I didn’t say they were. I meant as if.
What phone do you use? Apple/Samsung/Huawei/Pixel?
Do you also expect to know the details of their business dealings? Should you be informed if they decide to sell?
What PC do you own? Do you expect to be informed if your manufacturer sells too?
If you're UK based and a football fan you might be aware that Manchester United are currently looking for investment. Do you want Jim Ratcliffe or Sheikh Jassim to contact you before their purchase?

I don't believe XF have any desire to sell but if they did... Short of courtesy we have zero entitlement to that information.

What phone do you use? Apple/Samsung/Huawei/Pixel?
Do you also expect to know the details of their business dealings? Should you be informed if they decide to sell?
What PC do you own? Do you expect to be informed if your manufacturer sells too?
If you're UK based and a football fan you might be aware that Manchester United are currently looking for investment. Do you want Jim Ratcliffe or Sheikh Jassim to contact you before their purchase?

I don't believe XF have any desire to sell but if they did... Short of courtesy we have zero entitlement to that information.
Somebody has a lot of time on their hands. That’s some post.

I'm so shocked this thread had gone off the rails again.

train discover GIF

You mean that XF doesn’t need to give its customers a heads up if they decide to sell? of course they don’t and never did I state that they need to. I just wrote it would be nice if they did.
Nope.... they really don't, especially if the company itself is going to stay in business they "don't need to" notify you of anything since they are privately held..
Agreed it would be nice if they did, but they have no requirement to do so. It would also be nice if they gifted every license holder .5% of the sale price also.

Last edited:
Frankly, if they were actually in negotiations to sell the company, they would likely be under an NDA or similar communications embargo until the deal was completed. Business negotiations for a privately held company rarely happen in public. So the first we would hear would be that there was a deal in place. It's not like a publicly traded firm where at some point the deal has to go to shareholders and be made public due to market regulations.

Nope.... they really don't, especially if the company itself is going to stay in business they "don't need to" notify you of anything since they are privately held..
Agreed it would be nice if they did, but they have no requirement to do so. It would also be nice if they gifted every license holder .5% of the sale price also.
Yes I definitely agree but like you said they’re not entitled to do so and it is what it is.

I have a small comment and update, what is troubling is the sudden stop in May 2023 of comments, has the process started on taking over here?

has the process started on taking over here?
We need to keep commenting so that you needn't panic.

But also I think that kind of company takeover cannot be done unpublically. Maybe it can. I did ask my stockbroker to buy Verticalscope shares and they politely declined.

Mind you I asked them to buy Apple shares in 2003 and they declined then. Ho hum.

All the forums owned by VS advertise the software used, so in a way, they are contributing here. Below is copied from one of their sites. Look in the black of their site.Not trying to cause trouble, it just may be inevitable-they own over 2000 sites.
  • The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo.

Top Bottom