XF 2.2 Will this warning pop up for life when I don't want to update?

It's really none of your business why a customer of ours doesn't wish to renew the license, so stop harassing them.

We do not discriminate against customers with active or inactive licenses when it comes to community based support.
Just seen this. I wasn't harrassing, just curious, I did nothing wrong and you can see that I wished him well when he explained the situation. Nothing wrong with asking and it's just a bit of etiquette to briefly explain these things to the people you're asking help from.

Before preaching forum etiquette to me, how about you actually help me out when I tag you in a post asking for help? You pointedly ignored me in that thread the other day for no good reason. That's actually quite disrespectful to your customers.

Last edited:
@FTL I'm going to say this for your own good.

I suggest reading some old threads with your interactions with other members to see how you refer to them and casually throw out insults and blame.
Here's a hint - the issue is not with them.

You can either take my advice on board and adjust your approach, or continue in the same vein, which will likely result in a less than optimum experience on this site.

What is happening in the world right now? This is the second thread I've seen turn snarly for no real good reason in the past few days. The other was on another site but still, sheesh. Ask a simple question, get a debate about forum etiquette. :rolleyes:

I put my renewal off until 2.2.9 came out (which also nicely coordinated with renewing my hosting) and just ignored the message. I am generally the only person going into ACP so having it there is no skin off my teeth. But being able to dismiss or otherwise control it would be nice.

@FTL I'm going to say this for your own good.

I suggest reading some old threads with your interactions with other members to see how you refer to them and casually throw out insults and blame.
Here's a hint - the issue is not with them.

You can either take my advice on board and adjust your approach, or continue in the same vein, which will likely result in a less than optimum experience on this site.
It's all me. Got it. Sure. Nice threat. It still remains that you pointedly ignored me when I asked you for help on a technical matter. Somehow that's my fault and I shouldn't call you out on it. Got it.

Seriously, if I'd known I was gonna get this much grief I wouldn't have posted in this thread.

Finally, unlike the other randos on here which I've never heard of that like to take potshots at me with snipey criticism who I just dismiss, I would be happy to discuss things further in pm if you ever wanted to. I think we can do this mutual courtesy.

Stay Calm The Office GIF

It's all me. Got it. Sure. Nice threat. It still remains that you pointedly ignored me when I asked you for help on a technical matter. Somehow that's my fault and I shouldn't call you out on it. Got it.

Seriously, if I'd known I was gonna get this much grief I wouldn't have posted in this thread.

Finally, unlike the other randos on here which I've never heard of that like to take potshots at me with snipey criticism who I just dismiss, I would be happy to discuss things further in pm if you ever wanted to. I think we can do this mutual courtesy.
I have to confess that I came across this thread yesterday, before Brogan had chimed in, and thought you were coming off as a little badgering to the OP. Asking once was fine, maybe even mentioning it a second time as a reminder would have been okay, but you kept on it. Also, it wasn't just that you were asking for a reason, but how you asked for it, framing it as "good etiquette".

And really, how many reasons could there be for him not to renew? I mean, assuming that a person isn't planning on moving to another software entirely, nine out of ten times there's only a couple reasons why a person would choose not to renew: they can't afford it or new bug fixes/features are not incentive enough for them (especially if it means also having to fork out for addon upgrades) and they don't need the ticket support.

Last edited:
I have to confess that I came across this thread yesterday, before Brogan had chimed in, and thought you were coming off as a little badgering to the OP. Asking once was fine, maybe even mentioning a second time as a reminder would have been okay but you kept on it. Also, it wasn't just that you were asking for a reason, but how you asked for it, framing it as "good etiquet

And really, how many reasons could there be for him not to renew? I mean, assuming that a person isn't planning on moving to another software entirely, nine out of ten times there's only a couple reasons why a person would choose not to renew: they can't afford it or new bug fixes/features are not incentive enough for them (especially if it means also having to fork out for addon upgrades) and they don't need the ticket support.
Ok you think I was wrong in some way, but you're courteous and reasoned which I do appreciate, unlike some of the others on here. I'm therefore happy to discuss this with you, but in pm please. Just start a thread and we can carry on this discussion.

Is there actually a guidebook on forum etiquette that says you have to answer questions about your reasons for not ugrading?

I must admit I have occasionally asked someone’s reason behind their question, out of curiosity. It is a reasonable thing to ask. Once.

Forum support/tagging has not ever guaranteed a staff reply. It has always been this way and something we have always maintained. If you require a staff guaranteed response please use a ticket.
ok, thanks for the advice, but the point I raised is still valid. It's a matter of decency and respect to your customers, isn't it?

Anyway, I'm not looking for a back and forth on it here, especially as it's completely off topic and controversial. We can talk further about it in pm if you wish, but I believe that most likely this reply will suffice.

It's a matter of decency and respect to your customers, isn't it?

Its nothing about decency and respect, its a matter of finite resources and management of those resources. We aim to try to reply to everything we get tagged in the forums, but simply it just isnt possible on some days.

We get tagged tens of times a day with 10s of conversations, on big releases this can go into the hundreds. On top this we also have tickets to deal with.

So as I previously iterated, if you require a staff guaranteed response please use a ticket, no other way is guaranteed.

@Slavik thanks for the clarification, much appreciated. (y):cool:

If this had been explained to me before when I clearly felt aggrieved at just being ignored so much, none of this would have happened. Thanks again, I'll keep it in mind for next time.

Top Bottom