XF 2.2 Will this warning pop up for life when I don't want to update?

No. This message is not being shown if you do not want to upgrade, it is only being shown if your version is outdated and you have not upgraded yet.

Last edited:
I think it's more pertinent to ask: why don't you want to renew?

Clearly you want to keep using the software, so why do you want to do so without renewing the license?

That doesn't answer the question of why not. Sure, you don't have to tell us, but it's good etiquette given that you've asked for support about this.
You are taking the subject elsewhere.
When a message is sent to users for notification or communication in the forum, it is annoying to see that message constantly. I wished that there was at least an application in this direction to close it.
An option like close (x).

Ah, right, it's a bit expensive for you, understandable. Hopefully you'll be able to afford the renewal someday as there are so many benefits for security and performance. For this kind of software, the renewal fee is quite reasonable.

Ah, right, it's a bit expensive for you, understandable. Hopefully you'll be able to afford the renewal someday as there are so many benefits for security and performance. For this kind of software, the renewal fee is quite reasonable.

Sure, but it's everyone's choice whether they renew or not and they don't have to explain their reasoning - Xenforo company allows you to continue using the software without renewal, so after a period of reminding you it might be useful to have the option to dismiss the notification don't you think?

Depending on your license renewal cycle versus the XenForo new release cycle, your license could go out just after an update is released. If you are not in need of support there isn't much benefit to renew your license until the next XenForo update is released, which could be over 4 months away. The renewal notice really should be a notice that can be dismissed by an admin, at least until there is a new update available. Then it can pop back up and let me know I'm actually missing out on something, but again it should still be able to be dismissed.

I would think currently that a lot of customers wait to renew XenForo until there is a new release available. I would also think that each new release of XenForo is like ringing the bell for the next cash influx.

Reactions: XKO
I think it's more pertinent to ask: why don't you want to renew?

Clearly you want to keep using the software, so why do you want to do so without renewing the license?

That doesn't answer the question of why not. Sure, you don't have to tell us, but it's good etiquette given that you've asked for support about this.

I'm still wondering why you want to keep using it without renewing. It's ok, don't tell us. Whatever.

It's really none of your business why a customer of ours doesn't wish to renew the license, so stop harassing them.

We do not discriminate against customers with active or inactive licenses when it comes to community based support.

Sure, but it's everyone's choice whether they renew or not and they don't have to explain their reasoning - Xenforo company allows you to continue using the software without renewal, so after a period of reminding you it might be useful to have the option to dismiss the notification don't you think?
As I said, forum etiquette which you've ignored. I can't believe you posted just to "correct" me on this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom