Wii U

Another sign the wheels are falling off the Wii U
http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/13/4...wii-u-exclusives-until-console-has-more-users

One of Nintendo's strongest traditional partners has said that it won't create exclusive titles for the Wii U as long as the system's poor sales continue. Speaking to Kotaku at this week's E3 conference, CEO Yves Guillemot said "We need more sold." Ubisoft is one of the few publishers to release a bona fide Wii U exclusive — horror action game ZombiUlaunched with the system last year — and Nintendo has historically enjoyed solid third-party support from the company.

Guillemot expressed hope that Nintendo's own titles might spur further sales of the struggling system. Nintendo typically releases the best-selling games for its own consoles, and this week showed off new entries in the Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Mario Kart,Super Smash Bros., and Donkey Kong Country series.

WII U WILL STILL GET NON-EXCLUSIVE TITLES

Ubisoft's upcoming Rayman Legends was originally announced as a Wii U exclusive, but the company decided to delay its release and work on versions for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The Wii U will continue to see versions of Ubisoft titles that appear on other systems, such as Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.Electronic Arts has said that it is not currently developing any games for the Wii U, exclusive or otherwise.

===============

Miyamoto blames Wii U launch software delays on Nintendo's leap to next-gen

Nintendo's top designer Shigeru Miyamoto has explained that its developers struggled with the hardware leap from Wii to Wii U, and that's why some of the console's initial software line-up has been a long time coming.

>>>>> Nintendo's own developers have trouble with the Wii U ? That can't be good.

[source]

Scans thread last three pages and sees Digital Doctor has turned it into a Nintendo-bashing thread.

*unwatches

Anyone have a better Wii-U thread? I expected to see actual games.

Scans thread last three pages and sees Digital Doctor has turned it into a Nintendo-bashing thread.

*unwatches

It pretty much *started* out with bashing the Wii U...

*unwatches

You're just noticing this now? That's all this thread has been.

Anyway, Nintendo had a pretty good showing at E3, and I expect Wii-U sales to be quite strong this holiday season, now that a lot of good games are coming out for it.

I'm sure Digital Doctor will point out how wrong I am, though.

Wii outsells WiiU in last quarter.

The Wii U sold just 160,000 units globally between the beginning of April and the end of June, an astonishingly low number. That's less than half the 390,000 units that it managed to sell in the final three months of its last financial year. Software figures were not much better: 1.03 million total for the quarter. Total Wii U sales now stand at 3.61 million.

The Wii, meanwhile, sold 210,000 in the same period, with 3.67 million games sold. It's just nudged over 100 million lifetime sales.

[source]

Major UK store to pull Wii U from shelves

Asda, a Wal-Mart owned UK store chain, announced on July 31 that it will no longer carry the Wii U in its stores, due to lackluster sales. Asda will still sell PS3 and Xbox 360 units in its stores. The decision to pull the Wii U comes following the sales results of the April-June quarter.

[source]

Nintendo Wii U 'flogging a dead horse' - Gaming expert

"The next six months is going to be absolutely crucial for Nintendo... If the Wii U doesn't pick up, it would be sensible to think about launching a new console rather than flogging a dead horse... 160,000 units is dismal". (only sold 10,000 units in the UK)(ouch).

[source]

Sorry Nintendo, people have tablets already. They won't want your expensive one. Apple has gobbled up the "small game" "app" market. Xbox 720, PS4 will gobble up the gamers. Nintendo is going to get the short end of the stick. It's just a matter of how short it will be.
Looks like the stick was extremely short.

Look at the 3DS: also had a slow start, now it's picked up quite nicely. A combination of a price drop and some good first-party titles made a huge difference.
3DS is still doing really well. I bought my son a 3DS @ Christmas. Mario Kart 7 is great. He hasn't played it in a long time, mind you.

Last edited:
upload_2013-8-27_8-57-4.webp

In all, sales of the 3DS are up 14 per cent year over year, largely because of such games, wrote Eric Johnson for the tech website AllThingsD.

“That increase is an anomaly amid overall continued decline in gaming hardware, software and accessories, as gamers await the ‘next-gen’ rollout this holiday season,” he wrote.

The 3DS is tracking to sell about 15 million units a year, said Michael Pachter, a research analyst with Wedbush Morgan Securities.

“That is good, just not as good as the DS sold,” he said, referring to the system’s legendary predecessor, which sold more than 153 million systems worldwide.

more at - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/tech...at-could-nintendo-3ds-surges/article13951925/

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/08/...-shaping-up-nicely-makes-us-grin-like-idiots/

Mario Kart 8 is currently in development at Nintendo’s in-house studios and is expected to arrive in stores in spring 2014.

MK8 = win.
Not out for Holiday 2013 = fail.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This game will be the only reason I purchase this console. No game in this genre, in my opinion comes close to gameplay of Mario Kart.

Cool. My son usually turns off the 3D anyway.
Nintendo was successful with 3D .. mostly because it seemed hard to crack and warez the 3D games.

My old eyes don't appreciate MK7 in 3D - it seems the same as 2D for me.

upload_2013-8-28_16-56-24.webp

I'd market this aspect (Multiplayer) of it. Bundle 2 of the 2Ds together and knock off 7% of the price. Great for either:
  • 2 kids or
  • Dad + Kid or
  • Cool Aunt Shelley + nephew.

IMO :)

Super.Mario.3DWorld.webp

This looks like the game the Wii U should have launched with.
Looks like a mash up of Super Mario Galaxy and the "New Super Mario" series.
It looks like it could almost be called Super Mario Galaxy 3.

This game should move some consoles. I see it isn't out yet.

View attachment 58376

This looks like the game the Wii U should have launched with.
Looks like a mash up of Super Mario Galaxy and the "New Super Mario" series.
It looks like it could almost be called Super Mario Galaxy 3.

This game should move some consoles. I see it isn't out yet.

Don't really care about this game and still not enough for me to purchase the console. Like in the movie Highlander - "There can be only one".

Mario_Kart_8_Wii_U_Box_(revision).webp

So the PS4 is out.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/bought-the-playstation-4.63223/

Looks like 1% of holiday gamers want a Wii U.

upload_2013-11-17_19-59-39.webp

Souce: http://wiiudaily.com/2013/11/survey-only-1-percent-of-gamers-want-a-wii-u-this-holiday-season/

====================================
some good news ....

Miyamoto says Super Mario 3D World does not mean Nintendo is finished with Super Mario Galaxy
Shigeru Miyamoto confirms that Nintendo hasn't dropped the Super Mario Galaxy series just because the team worked on Super Mario 3D World.

By Ashley King
ON NOVEMBER 14TH, 2013 IN GAMES, NEWS

super-mario-16.jpg

In the latest round of Iwata Asks for Super Mario 3D World, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata sits down with famed game producer Shigeru Miyamoto and three other members of the team that worked on Super Mario 3D World to ask about development of the game. The whole interview is an interesting read and you can do that here, but one interesting thing that stuck out is that Miyamoto wants fans to know that just because the team took time to work on Super Mario 3D World, that doesn’t mean they won’t revisit the Super Mario Galaxy world.

Miyamoto: Just so there is no misunderstanding, I should point out that this doesn’t mean we’ll never make another Super Mario Galaxy game.

Get Just Dance. I'm probably buying it tonight. lol. Great for the adults when they get drunk and need something to do... Not saying that's what I use it for... :whistle:

While I wanted to buy one on release date I'm fine now with my Wii for the kids. I too own a PS3 and think that's enough. Sadly I don't have more time to be more than a casual player.
Sadly Nintendo couldn't delivery some great new console with the WiiU. Graphics are better but the technique is way behind the new ones (and yes I know they are released a year later).

Top Bottom