1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's on Foursquare?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trombones13, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

OK...one more social network friend thread... :p This one's actually fairly important to me because I'm part of Foursquare's University Ambassador program and I need to get 25 new friends (currently need 11 :p) as part of my first "mission." :D Shoot me a friend request here. :)

I promise this will be my last social network-related thread...for now. ;D

2. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

A friend of mine is on four square. I know when she is in a restaurant, Home Depot and wherever else she happens to be in.
    A stalkers dream.
    I guess four square updated Facebook automatically.

3. Trombones13

You can disable that (rather, you have to enable it and it's disabled by default)--I originally had it posting to Twitter but that's now disabled as well. :)

4. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

WHAT is Foursquare?

5. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Probably stalkersquare?

6. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Well I'm not going to use it myself but....with the auto features disabled like Kurt said, it looks like from the demo video they have...that it is like a system to allow customers and patrons of public places to rate and give advice or the "local specials" of an area. It is actually a great idea in theory. One with the app on their phone can look up a place in their area and then see posting from other real users of the place judging their experience. Also as I take it you have to be at any registered foursquare location to submit a post so this could be useful in providing feedback of an establishment. We'll see about this idea.....

7. Trombones13

Yeah, yeah...stalkersquare. *mutters* :p

It's also good for checking in and getting deals from businesses, which is part of what I'll be working on as a University Ambassador. :)

8. EQnoble

OHH OHH did you get diplomatic immunity with that :)

Trombones13 and Jeremy like this.
  9. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I'm pretty sure you sent me a friend request... but I used it once. I guess I'll accept you for that.

10. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I still don't know what Foursquare is?

11. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You check in at places. If I go to work, I can check in at the Arby's I work in. And you can see that on your profiles and such.

12. EQnoble

http://foursquare.com/
    check the learn more link in the blue block on their site....it is a demo video overlay