Who Has Visited In Last 24 Hours [Paid] [Deleted]

Just to put a stop on this pretty quickly, I don't actually think this is possible.

The way the add-on works right now is it looks at the entire xf_user table (which contains only registered users, of course) and looks at their last activity date.

This information isn't stored for guests.

It could probably be pulled from the xf_session table but then the data is only in there for as long as the session is alive, and a number of things could remove that session before it is counted or other events could happen which might mean guests are counted twice (e.g. perhaps if a guest registers or logs in).

So, unfortunately, I won't be working on counting guests as I don't think it's possible to do it.

Works well, thanks BamaStangGuy and Chris Deeming,

Just one issue on my end, probably something I have done in sidebar_online_users, but cant find it,

How would I move the sidebar block up to below members online?

Current display is:

Members Online
(Staff Online is removed)
Recent Posts
Members Online Recently
Forum Statistics
Countdown Timer

I bought the addon and cant download it. I sent him a pm but I am putting it here too encase he forgets to check his pm.

Greg

Just to put a stop on this pretty quickly, I don't actually think this is possible.

The way the add-on works right now is it looks at the entire xf_user table (which contains only registered users, of course) and looks at their last activity date.

This information isn't stored for guests.

It could probably be pulled from the xf_session table but then the data is only in there for as long as the session is alive, and a number of things could remove that session before it is counted or other events could happen which might mean guests are counted twice (e.g. perhaps if a guest registers or logs in).

So, unfortunately, I won't be working on counting guests as I don't think it's possible to do it.
You would have to mod XenForo to store the guest info it grabs for who's online. But that is a lot of resource waste for so little return.

You should have the files in your email now. I was out of town for most of the day and just got back. I haven't had the time to figure out what is going on with Fetchapp and why it broke, so anyone that orders give me around 24 hours at least to get your order manually added. I'll do my best to get it setup sooner though.

Thanks for the nice words from everyone though :)

Thank you so much, I have it and its installed. Do you know how to make it work with the 8wayrun portal?

Greg
In the ACP go to XenPorta > Blocks and Install the block using the XML file included in the package. Once installed, click on the block to configure it. Then in XenPorta > Layouts drag it onto the layouts you are using.

Configuring the time period for this add-on is done via its own settings in the ACP Options. However, and I'd be grateful if you could check this and let me know, I think there's a bug in the XenPorta block as no matter how I configure the time period, it always says at the bottom of the XenPorta block "last 0 hours" instead of the time period specified. It works fine on the standard sidebar block though. I have reported this to @Chris Deeming but it would be useful if you could see if the same happens to you or not so we know if it's a bug or a problem on my forum. Thanks. :)

In the ACP go to XenPorta > Blocks and Install the block using the XML file included in the package. Once installed, click on the block to configure it. Then in XenPorta > Layouts drag it onto the layouts you are using.

Configuring the time period for this add-on is done via its own settings in the ACP Options. However, and I'd be grateful if you could check this and let me know, I think there's a bug in the XenPorta block as no matter how I configure the time period, it always says at the bottom of the XenPorta block "last 0 hours" instead of the time period specified. It works fine on the standard sidebar block though. I have reported this to @Chris Deeming but it would be useful if you could see if the same happens to you or not so we know if it's a bug or a problem on my forum. Thanks. :)
Mine says 0hrs as well www.downrivertoday.com.

Greg

Top Bottom