1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 White admin screen fix?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by rightclickfix, Oct 14, 2013.

1. rightclickfix

rightclickfix Member

I've just installed WP on a test account and want to try and install XF in with it but when I ran the installation I got a fatal error, refreshed and it ran ok to finish off but when entering admin from the forums I get a blank screen so am guessing the config file needs sorting?
    Is there a quick fix/link you can point me too? I can easily delete the files and redo it if it's too much hassle but am guessing there's a quick fix?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are you receiving any errors?
  3. rightclickfix

rightclickfix Member

no errors just white screen in admin, is it better to delete the site files and re-upload them and use the WP DB details so it integrates...

the forums are in a sub directory /Forums if that helps?

deleting files now will redo tomorrow....
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  4. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

It's most likely a suppressed PHP error. Is there an error log in the forum root?
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Go to <url>/install/, login, and rebuild the master data there.
  6. rightclickfix

rightclickfix Member

I'd not realised that the config file is in /Library as I just found out whilst re-installing lol. I tried to rebuild the master data as suggested but got nothing and its only a test site so I decided to start again. I'm also finding some really cool features like the data rebuild and home page link on installation which all add up if you've installed a few forums :cool:

Delete this I think it's sorted thanks and sorry for panicking :whistle: