XF 2.1 White screen logging in

MySiteGuy

Imported a large forum of several million posts.

Works fine with XF 1.5.

Importing the same forum, same server, to XF 2.x:
The admin panel works fine, and so do the forums when not logged in. Can only log in via the admin panel, and then once logged in the forums give a white screen on any page. Attempts to log in regularly, not via the admin panel, same thing - white screen.

With error messages enabled and debug mode on, users/admins/mods receive this:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 256 bytes) in /sites/domainname.com/www/xf/src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php on line 104

This was happening prior to 2.1.1 as well, with 2.0/2.1. Increasing the memory limit doesn't help.

Xenforo 2.x works fine otherwise on this server, but not with this import. I dad the same issue with the same forum/data on another server as well.

The import was from VB 4.2.2.

Not really seeing clear evidence of a bug here, so it's going to be one that just needs further troubleshooting really.

Of course increasing the memory limit should help, or at least change the error changes when you do I assume the Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes bit changes, at least? If not then however the memory limit is being changed isn't taking effect for some reason.

Aside from that, we just need more details. How many posts? From which software was the import done? Which version of the Importers add-on was used? Were any other options used during the import, such as importing blogs (if VB)? Does navigating directly to any other page that should exist, such as a specific thread page, also give you the allowed memory size error in debug mode, or does it go through, or is it some other error? If it's only the forum list giving the error, how many nodes are in the xf_node table exactly?

Etcetera... etcetera... More info is better than not enough :)

Increasing the memory limit does take effect. Raising it to 1 gigabyte, the "Allowed memory size of " increases. Even 2 gb, an insane amount for PHP, it will just spin until the browser times out the page.

The forum imported was VB 4.2.2, just under 8 million posts. About 500K users. CMS and blogs.

The same issue exists under XF 2.0.12 with importer 1.0.2, and XF 2.1.1 with importer 1.2.0.

The same issue also exists if I import the VB forum first into XF 1.5, then upgrade the forum to XF 2.1.1.

I receive no useful data from debug messages. When I add code to config.php to force a tracelog/callstack, something in XF is overriding that... no callstack is displayed so I can't even see what DB query is causing it.

A logged in user cannot see any page without this error. I think its due to whatever is loading permissions getting stuck in a loop until it eats up all available permissions.

User permission clean up doesn't resolve it.
Caching on or off in config.php doesn't resolve it.

Is there a way with the framework to log all database queries? I looked in Zend's doc's but couldn't find it easily.

Probably easier if you can give us Admin CP, FTP and PhpMyAdmin access. Please submit a ticket from your customer area with the details and we'll look into it.

Okay, I'll transfer this to one of my servers with Cpanel/FTP/phpMyAdmin so you can take a look and will put in a support ticket for that when it's ready. Right now it's on a "shell only" staging server with no phpMyAdmin, etc., with things like custom ports/blocks for SSH/FTP/SFTP so its not terribly useful for any third party.

Top Bottom