Which FTP program do you use?

I'm the only member using Total Commander.:cool:
Not anymore. ;) Your bragging ( :p ) made me download and install it. VERY nice little program! The FTP part of it isn't as full-featured as I'd like, but everything else about it has earned a permanent place on my hard drive. :D

I've been trying other dedicated FTPs again since last night, and FileZilla feels the best to me in the Free category. SmartFTP looks like something that could replace my WS_FTP, but it costs money; I'm not a cheapskate but I'm scraping the bottom of a couple barrels lately, so.....

FlashFXP, purely because I'm used to it and not sure what else to use... I've tried FireFTP and wasn't very fond of it, to be honest.

Yeah same here FireFTP just did not work as well for me. Same with most the other programs. I'll use Filezilla if my PC is in linux. I sometimes switch back to linux and use it because there is not a stable FlashFXP for linux and probably will not be one. :(

I always prefer using ssh over ftp however for sites that don't support ssh i have FileZilla installed and it works great imo
For SSH software i am using SSH Tectia

I use FireFTP because the first three or so things I tried were trial versions and FileZilla was having issues. FileZilla's probably better, but FireFTP works just fine for me. :)

Transmit and Forklift on Mac. Dual pane, tons of options, droplets , fast....

FlashFXP on PC, fast, fxp transfer , dual pane...

I used SmartFTP (I even paid for the full version and still want to use it, but have no cash for yet another renewal), CuteFTP (and then I got sick and tired of it), then I found FileZilla.

Merged with an earlier thread.

FileZilla is getting canned as it constantly creates phantom files.
I gave it a chance but I'm going to install FireFTP again and use FireFox as an FTP client only.

Top Bottom