Which FTP program do you use?

I use Filezilla, although I'm thinking of switching to another, as for some reason, when deleting a large amount of folders/files, it seems to skip some for no reason

I can go back and delete them, but why it skips random folders/files is anyone's guess, sometims it does it multiple times, can be a bit frustrating heh.

I used to use Smartftp, but it's no longer free.

I use Filezilla, although I'm thinking of switching to another, as for some reason, when deleting a large amount of folders/files, it seems to skip some for no reason

I can go back and delete them, but why it skips random folders/files is anyone's guess, sometims it does it multiple times, can be a bit frustrating heh.

I used to use Smartftp, but it's no longer free.
Try WinScp. Liz

Noob questions.

I use Filezilla at this time. Any chance on a ftp program that could do any of the following?
  1. Without downloading then uploading, copy files & directories on the server?
  2. Upload a zip, then unzip on the server?
  3. Right now I use putty/ssh and run certain commands such as mysqldump, could an ftp program do that?
  4. While logging into root on our vps, it is difficult to see the file named my.cnf, it would be nice to view that because no matter what I seem to do after I download it, my PC thinks it is a 'speed dial' file and I cannot open it.
  5. It would be fantastic to be able to search the server for a particular file name. I don't have the directory structure or its contents of the server memorized.
  6. It would also be fantastic to be able to search for a phrase within a file, in the directory, such as ft_min_len. Like I can search for a phrase somewhere in a file on my local hard disk.

Sorry for the long list. As said, I am fairly new to all this.

I don't install FTP on my server, as it is just another thing to worry about. For moving files back and forth, and some editing of text files, I use WinSCP.

Top Bottom