Where is your Xenforo Hosted?

Rackspace is terribly overpriced for what you get, and last I saw (this information is about a year old) they were still primarily using older Opteron CPUs in their boxes on their cloud platform. I'd avoid them - not because they are unreliable or bad, but purely from a monetary and performance standpoint.

I've only got the one but GOSH I likes it! :)
1 for the front end, 1 for the database and 1 for a dev site. All of them are 512mb servers and they handle my constant 120+ people without breaking a sweat. Then if needed, I can always use the dev server for another front end or to run the enhanced search.

Russ

Plesk? You have my sympathies.

I've used XF on dedicated servers at iWeb and DreamHost. But I suspect this product is lightweight enough to function on shared, assuming not too many add-ons and never more than a few dozen simultaneous visitors.

Plesk is great, especially for hosting clients.
For server management, there's nothing better than SSH.

Maybe. I've used it on a couple of dedicated servers, and I ended up wiping the boxes and leasing a cPanel license. Sure, Parallels has made some improvements, so maybe it's better, but Plesk support wasn't terribly good when I had it. In that respect cPanel is heads and shoulders about Parallels.

I hosted mine via Integrity Host reseller that I use for less cpu demanding sites.
Integrity Host provide a fair service for the price I pay on the reseller.
Eventually it outgrew that and now I use WSWD.net which has provided great customer service and dependability. I've only had one downtime in the past 2-3 months for about 30 minutes.... didn't affect the site much since it was in the inactive hours.

I'm still using shared hosting. I don't need a vps or dedicated yet.

dedicated servers, jaguarpc.com, 5 years as a customer and still happy. nginx+php-fpm, no control panels, just good old putty. Faster then carl lewis post-steroids

Top Bottom