Where is your Xenforo Hosted?

Have a dedicated server with Limestone Networks , top notch specs..

I havent had more than 10 mins down time with them in the past 20 months...

dedicated server on Pair.com

They've been very helpful at resolving any problems we have quickly... :)

Hey "neighbor"! ;) I've been there since 1997. I've been out of the development loop for awhile, but have a couple of good remaining clients. I was running everything on a shared account up until Saturday, moving to a VQS-1. Wow! The forum I took over several years ago as admin is on a QS-X, a vB3.7 forum that I've pretty much tweaked out with Sphinx, APC, memcache and other items. Give a shout if you ever need anything. (A small group of us still hang out in the private customer newsgroups.)

Reactions: Jo.
Hey "neighbor"! ;) I've been there since 1997. I've been out of the development loop for awhile, but have a couple of good remaining clients. I was running everything on a shared account up until Saturday, moving to a VQS-1. Wow! The forum I took over several years ago as admin is on a QS-X, a vB3.7 forum that I've pretty much tweaked out with Sphinx, APC, memcache and other items. Give a shout if you ever need anything. (A small group of us still hang out in the private customer newsgroups.)

thanks - will do! :) (we're on a QS-1)

thanks - will do! :) (we're on a QS-1)
Wait...yes, we're on a QS-1 also. We moved the forum over from Rackshack several years ago. We went through two QS-0 (aka QS-X) servers until landing on this one. We could probably stand to upgrade down the road a bit, but it's not in the budget for the forum's owner. I will likely not be attending to that trainwreck of a forum much longer anyway--I enjoy the tech end of it, but the owner is missing a few fries in his Happy Meal...

I've got a server at bluequare a vps with poundhost (apart of blue square )

But thinking of down sizing abit, as i missed out on such a good deal.. or maybe moving over to the US, cheaper rates...! and think i can do without the full download speed!

Liquidweb.com and they do an amazing job doing so!

Really? I moved my site to Liquid Web about month ago, paid for 6 months in advance and now I'm already looking for a new hosting company. Their mod sec rules have basically crippled my site and they are quick to blame XenForo. That was on their $25/mo Pro Plan. I decided I'd go up to their $50/mo VPS but decided no way once I found out it would actually be $65/mo unless I wanted no support and no cpanel. I'm beyond pissed at Liquid Web right now. Has anyone else been able to find a workaround with them? I've gotten nothing but 'sorry, upgrade to VPS' and excuses about how they don't know about XenForo. I need to find a new hosting company ASAP.

Liquid Web is generally reputed to have good service, but I have only heard that directly applied to their dedicated and VPS stuff when it's fully managed. If you're looking for a quality managed provider, then you could check out WiredTree. I've never had any issues hosting Xenforo on one of their VPSes: http://www.wiredtree.com

Liquid Web is generally reputed to have good service, but I have only heard that directly applied to their dedicated and VPS stuff when it's fully managed. If you're looking for a quality managed provider, then you could check out WiredTree. I've never had any issues hosting Xenforo on one of their VPSes: http://www.wiredtree.com
Unless they've changed it, they had a very bad security policy (plain text customer database) that lead to a lot of people being hacked.

Who had? I've never heard of anything like that.
LiquidWeb; a competitor forum of one of my old sites was hosted by them, and a hacking group started targeting all the sites in our niche.

I think it was about 4 years or so now, but they had a few issues last year due to poor security policies.

Top Bottom