XF 2.0 Where has navigation template moved to?

jr777

I'm trying to add a home page tab to my site, but I'm unable to find the navigation template.

First, I'd generally drop any and all expectations when it comes to styling in XF2 compared to XF1. In many cases, you might expect to see a certain template (like header, navigation or footer) and find they just don't exist because they're part of a bigger template or similar.

Second, when it comes to adding a navigation tab, you don't need to edit templates at all. Use the new navigation system in Admin > Setup > Public navigation.

First, I'd generally drop any and all expectations when it comes to styling in XF2 compared to XF1. In many cases, you might expect to see a certain template (like header, navigation or footer) and find they just don't exist because they're part of a bigger template or similar.

Second, when it comes to adding a navigation tab, you don't need to edit templates at all. Use the new navigation system in Admin > Setup > Public navigation.

How does that work? I added a new navigation to the Public Navigation, and gave it a link to a page I had already created, but nothing is showing up. I filed it under the "Home" section.

The default "Home" tab works the same as it does in XF1.

You just pop the desired URL into the Home page URL field under Admin > Setup > Options > Basic board information then you can just delete the one you created.

The default "Home" tab works the same as it does in XF1.

You just pop the desired URL into the Home page URL field under Admin > Setup > Options > Basic board information then you can just delete the one you created.

Okay, I got it working, but the selected tab isn't showing it as the current page.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2017-10-01 06:21:48.webp
    Screenshot from 2017-10-01 06:21:48.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 19
In Options->Basic board information->Index page route, change that to pages/home/.

There should be no route filter defined for that page.

Liam

Top Bottom