• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 2.0 Where has navigation template moved to?

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
First, I'd generally drop any and all expectations when it comes to styling in XF2 compared to XF1. In many cases, you might expect to see a certain template (like header, navigation or footer) and find they just don't exist because they're part of a bigger template or similar.

Second, when it comes to adding a navigation tab, you don't need to edit templates at all. Use the new navigation system in Admin > Setup > Public navigation.

First, I'd generally drop any and all expectations when it comes to styling in XF2 compared to XF1. In many cases, you might expect to see a certain template (like header, navigation or footer) and find they just don't exist because they're part of a bigger template or similar.

Second, when it comes to adding a navigation tab, you don't need to edit templates at all. Use the new navigation system in Admin > Setup > Public navigation.
How does that work? I added a new navigation to the Public Navigation, and gave it a link to a page I had already created, but nothing is showing up. I filed it under the "Home" section.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
If you want it to be a top level navigation (like Forums, What's new, Media etc.) then you shouldn't specify a parent.

If you want it to be a top level navigation (like Forums, What's new, Media etc.) then you shouldn't specify a parent.
That worked, but now I have two identical parents both labeled "Home." How can I just get the default one to show up?

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
The default "Home" tab works the same as it does in XF1.

You just pop the desired URL into the Home page URL field under Admin > Setup > Options > Basic board information then you can just delete the one you created.

Liam W

In Options->Basic board information->Index page route, change that to pages/home/.

There should be no route filter defined for that page.

Liam