1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you use a forum?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shamil, Jul 30, 2010.

How do you use your forum?

1. Community / Website

33 vote(s)
  2. Company Intranet

3 vote(s)
  3. Team Workspace

7 vote(s)
  4. Other, please post

3 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Forums are extremely useful these days as they span across many uses in different areas.

How do you use your forum?
  2. Eric J.

Eric J. Well-Known Member

What it's for, discussing things. I generally just use it as a community or something.
  3. Facepalmx2

Facepalmx2 Active Member

I use forums as a development environment, usually nothing more. I have one website (new) though, which is a clan forum, simple discussion for xbox users.
  4. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

5. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Overall, I'll say community.
  6. Hasann

Hasann Member

Community / Website ✔
  7. Dietmar

Dietmar Member

A community to discuss things of the same interest, gathering around the main topics/purpose of the forum, but covering much more like exchanging political opinions, private interests and concerns, pictures and creative doings.
  8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Community / Website ✔

I own a motorsport site which currently uses phpBB.
    It started off on a free host, hence the phpBB which is free to use and doesn't require a licence.

I've been looking to upgrade to a better system for a while but don't like vB so I'll be keeping an eye on this with interest.
  9. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

You won't regret it my good sir.
  10. Alex

Alex Active Member

Community for me
  11. eTiKeT™

eTiKeT™ Member

Community Website
  12. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

As an information source more than anything else. To get questions answered and to provide information. To allow people to get products developed by others to meet certain needs in the area of portable tools. The final area is a business because the massive amount of emails and messages I get makes holding other work almost impossible.
  13. Floris

Floris Guest

All of the above, other: company support forums, advertising discussion forums, beta testing services forums