1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do "unapproved" images go?

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Support' started by dotpro, Mar 5, 2016.

1. dotpro

dotpro Active Member

In XMG, what happens to the images that I mark "unapproved?" How do you approve them back to the public view?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

They should appear in the moderation queue.

They can be approved from there or from any page they appear on in the gallery.
  3. dotpro

dotpro Active Member

Thanks. Where is the moderation queue? I've searched and looking all over the admin area...

Also, when I "unapproved" the pics, they disappeared from the page. Permissions issue?
  4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

The moderation queue appears next to "Reports" in the moderator bar.

You can access it by going to http://yoururl.com/index.php?moderation-queue/.

If the queue is empty, then you don't have permission to manage media. (You need to be a moderator and have the approve/unapprove media permission).

The images disappearing was actually as designed but we changed it in XFMG 1.1.5; though again if you don't have the relevant permissions then they won't appear.

Try using the Analyze Permissions feature.
  5. dotpro

dotpro Active Member

I can access the queue through that URL but no images, just posts. How come there is no link to this URL in the admin area for posts or images, not sure why both content types would be in the same queue.

The permissions seem to be okay as well but still i do not see the unapproved images in the image categories.

Attached Files:

6. dotpro

dotpro Active Member

I upgraded to 1.1.5 but still i do not see unapproved pics visible in the category.
  7. dotpro

dotpro Active Member

I can see the "unapproved" pics when going directly to each image URL (found the url from moderator log).
  8. dotpro

dotpro Active Member

Is there any solution to this issue? Is this a bug?
  9. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I don't think this is something we've managed to reproduce. It's probably easiest if you can submit a ticket with FTP details and access to an account that should be able to see unapproved images. It may also allow us to reproduce the watermarking timeout issue.