When a real nice big gallery add-on ?

Everything is in the title friends :D

I think priority is and should be RM & xenforo the product itself. A gallery imo shouldn't come until a full feature set and they've been refined further happens. By that time I suspect there will be a 3rd party add-on and if by the offchance there isn't maybe this is something xenforo will look at and add to their portfolio of add-ons. Only the devs can say really.

can you please define "Gallery" ?

... and please don't mention any other competitor's product......

There must be 40 threads asking the same question!

Have the OP's not read the answers?
The basics....

No gallery soon from XF
some have been promised but never come through or far behind schedule.

Basically there is none until there is one. You can't count on any one of them......even after there is one! That is, the one author who claimed to be working doesn't have the time (or money) to fit his promised schedule and who knows what will happen!

That's the story. My suggestion is for those who need a gallery which does not exist - not to move to XF now.

Well I will save you another big discussion since I'm gonna try it anyway and let you know how it goes. :p

Integration is crap so don't bother. Style is awful too.

Yeah it was last time I checked. I assumed since it was being suggested somewhat recommend that it evolved since the last discussion. Personally I'd stay well clear of it (no offence to the author of the add-on)

Well there is no alternative, so what are my options?

You could always privately hire a developer though the time and costs might be a little too high for an individual to fund.

I think at this time there is no other option regarding any type of gallery.

You could always privately hire a developer though the time and costs might be a little too high for an individual to fund.

I think at this time there is no other option regarding any type of gallery.

Well, I was thinking something similar: hiring someone that has frontent development skills, to play with Photopost's css and make it look like my new forum skin for now. In the meantime I will introduce User Albums to the members, and keep photopost as a legacy gallery system until something comes up and I can convert it. But at this point I am moving forward with the conversion no matter what, plus I can't discard the gallery, it's a strong point of the community with 30,000 photos.

One of my first planned projects for XF is actually a gallery, but I'm holding it off for a while to scope out if anyone else makes something similar and when I have some actual time (in a few weeks, hopefully).

Top Bottom