When a real nice big gallery add-on ?

Photopost now has full XF integration, Chuck has just announced it in his presales forum, here is the demo link:

http://omegatron.net/gallery/
Yeah... Take a look at the markup.

It might integrate, but styling that is going to be a ******* nightmare. It's one of the few add-ons I won't support even if paid because it's just a hassle to deal with such crappy code.

I'm moving my community across next month, and short of another complete gallery solution, I will use Photopost, and I'm having a custom skin made so I'll post the results and the link once I do it :)

I see no reason to release a free one if it entails even one minute of your time to make it "different" (take features out, etc.)....

Robbo's would have hundreds of takers at 50-60 a pop.
If you can make this good and then keep working on it and supporting it, pricing the one version (full) at $40 or so...maybe with a intro for a week or two at $25, would be A-1.

Heck, it's $20-$30 for stuff like bookmarks.

If, on the other hand, you are independently wealthy and program for enjoyment and fun...by all means, give it away.
:)

Yeah, still some issues there with styling, I hope they can be resolved. I'm gonna be using a custom skin in XF, so that will be a good crash test :P

It's not about the images. It's about the image *stats*.
That's really what everybody wants to know, anyway. How much disk space is this guy taking up?
+WINNING.
The only fun part of photopost is it brings me back to the good ole days of vB 3.0 / 3.5.​
It feels like I am discovering a dinosaur bone that has long since been buried.​
But that wears off in a few clicks.​

Not that photopost needs any defense, but you can actually turn off the stats and change the thumbnails size...

+WINNING.
The only fun part of photopost​

I don't know anything about it... but I'm unimpressed by that screenshot.

I wish we had better info about some of the "other" gallery products that people were working on. I'd be inclined to help fund a "better" gallery add-on, but I don't feel like I have a good handle on what the timetable and feature sets for the other projects are. The XFR gallery "works"... but it could be better than it is.

I don't know anything about it... but I'm unimpressed by that screenshot.

I wish we had better info about some of the "other" gallery products that people were working on. I'd be inclined to help fund a "better" gallery add-on, but I don't feel like I have a good handle on what the timetable and feature sets for the other projects are. The XFR gallery "works"... but it could be better than it is.

I don't think we will have much updates on other upcoming galleries . Doubt they will be released anytime soon . I have been waiting for gallery since last year and i am forced to upload all events images on facebook . Wish there was any good solution.

Don't get me wrong -- the xfr gallery does work, and works well. But it just doesn't feel very integrated. The gallery is still this other thing that we have. It's over there. You can go look at it, if you feel like it.

I would much rather be in xf with the xfr gallery than be on some other forum software or be posting photos to photobucket or flickr or facepages. And if/when something better comes along, I'll just migrate the data from the old gallery to the new one... or pay somebody to write an importer.

Alfa1, I think it's the exact same situation as in vbulletin... what you describe doesn't exist.

Alfa1, I think it's the exact same situation as in vbulletin... what you describe doesn't exist.
You are correct. Photopost does not have profile integration for vbulletin either.In vbulletin I removed the photopost profiles from view.

Having 2 profiles is very confusing for the end user. Especially if the 2 profiles are not tied together in a logical way.

I did the exact same thing in my vb installation, I've replaced the photopost profile with the vb one. ;)

Top Bottom