What's New Digest

What's New Digest 5.0.6

No permission to download
Great add on @Sim! I haven't read through all of the posts in this thread, but wanted to see if there was an option to change the time the email goes out. I see in the cron job it goes out on Monday at midnight. It won't allow me to change the settings to like 6 am in the cron job options. Why is that or is there away to change it that I missed? Thanks again for the add on!

Great add on @Sim! I haven't read through all of the posts in this thread, but wanted to see if there was an option to change the time the email goes out. I see in the cron job it goes out on Monday at midnight. It won't allow me to change the settings to like 6 am in the cron job options. Why is that or is there away to change it that I missed? Thanks again for the add on!

The FAQ covers this: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/whats-new-digest.6596/field?field=faq

This is great. I prefer it over the summary activity email because it's much easier to read/digest at a glance.

Props!
Ray

P.S. The only thing that threw me a bit is when signing up there is no confirmation displayed, it just reloads the page so I thought I needed to do it again. From a usability standpoint it might be a good idea to at least show a confirmation alert that they're subscribed?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sim
P.S. The only thing that threw me a bit is when signing up there is no confirmation displayed, it just reloads the page so I thought I needed to do it again. From a usability standpoint it might be a good idea to at least show a confirmation alert that they're subscribed?

The widget only displays for users who are not explicitly subscribed - so it should have disappeared once you signed up.

The widget only displays for users who are not explicitly subscribed - so it should have disappeared once you signed up.

Right, my point is when folks sign up, the screen just refreshes (minus widget), there is no clear indication the subscription "took" from a usability standpoint.

Ray

Feature request: Include the ability to define the look of the digest by selecting a style. You can see the functionality within the Enable Activity Summary Email option.

Feature request: Include the ability to define the look of the digest by selecting a style. You can see the functionality within the Enable Activity Summary Email option.
Love how that email looks and would really like to use it in the Whats New Digest :)

What's New Digest uses whatever is the default mail style selected in defaultEmailStyleId and uses the main MAIL_CONTAINER template, which is hard coded to 600px width.

The Activity Summary emails have their own container - they use the ACTIVITY_SUMMARY_CONTAINER template, which is a full-width design.

To have a custom style just for What's New Digest emails would require me to add another setting allowing you to choose a different style. I'll add it to the todo list - but it's not a high priority for me right now.

What's New Digest uses whatever is the default mail style selected in defaultEmailStyleId and uses the main MAIL_CONTAINER template, which is hard coded to 600px width.

The Activity Summary emails have their own container - they use the ACTIVITY_SUMMARY_CONTAINER template, which is a full-width design.

To have a custom style just for What's New Digest emails would require me to add another setting allowing you to choose a different style. I'll add it to the todo list - but it's not a high priority for me right now.
Thanks for clarifying. The existing functionality works fine for my needs.

I'll throw in $25 to get this update allowing us to select the ACTIVITY_SUMMARY_CONTAINER :)

How do I change this?

Hi wizard, here are the top new and updated threads in the last week

Last edited:
Top Bottom