What's New Digest

What's New Digest 5.0.6

No permission to download
Hello,

thx for your addon. It is fantastic. :)

Small bug: missing translate phrase for title "new threads" and "updated threads" in template "whatsnewdigest_email"

1. Some phrase are not available there to be translated.

• {period} (-> this could be both: weekly and daily, so I can not hardcode it)
  • New Threads
  • Updated Threads

@requo and @snoopy5 - FYI v4.1.0 addresses the New Threads and Updated Threads missing phrases.

Does this send digest emails to discouraged members?

@Alfa1 - FYI v4.1.0 now allows the admin to choose whether to send digest emails to discouraged members. I've set the default option to not send them - the whole point of this addon is to encourage users to visit the site - so sending these emails to a discouraged user is not really the desired outcome! 🤔

1588230301799.webp

Thanks for the suggestion!

1. Some phrase are not available there to be translated.

• {period} (-> this could be both: weekly and daily, so I can not hardcode it)

@snoopy5 I'm not sure I understand about the {period} bit you want to be able to translate? Can you give some more detail please?

Is there a possibility to lift this restriction? I need the option to send this weekly digest regularly to all users, no matter when they last showed up in the forum.

I use this as a tool to get "sleepers" back. That restriction makes it impossible to contact these sleepers.

@snoopy5 - FYI v4.1.0 now allows admins to choose to bypass the recently active users limitation and send to all valid users instead:

1588230562228.webp

Thanks for the suggestion.

@snoopy5 I'm not sure I understand about the {period} bit you want to be able to translate? Can you give some more detail please?

it seems that the word "period" in brackets stands for either weekly or monthly. I need to translate that word. But if this word has at the same time two different meanings, it is impossible to translate it properly.

So we need one bracket with a word for weekly and one bracket for the word for monthly to be able to translate it properly and use it accordingly.

it seems that the word "period" in brackets stands for either weekly or monthly. I need to translate that word. But if this word has at the same time two different meanings, it is impossible to translate it properly.

So we need one bracket with a word for weekly and one bracket for the word for monthly to be able to translate it properly and use it accordingly.

Found a few spots which need fixing - will get right on that.

I think I've got all the problem phrases now in v4.1.1 - thanks for alerting me to those!

There are some issues on my adminpage

Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(21) "/admin.php?users/list"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["users/list"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Here's the error, Once I disabled the addon, everything works fine.

• ErrorException: Fatal Error: Access level to SV\AlertImprovements\XF\Admin\Controller\User::userSaveProcess() must be public (as in class Hampel\WhatsNewDigest\XF\Admin\Controller\User)
  • src/addons/SV/AlertImprovements/XF/Admin/Controller/User.php:37

@Alfa1 - FYI v4.1.0 now allows the admin to choose whether to send digest emails to discouraged members. I've set the default option to not send them - the whole point of this addon is to encourage users to visit the site - so sending these emails to a discouraged user is not really the desired outcome! 🤔

View attachment 223724

Thanks for the suggestion!
@snoopy5 - FYI v4.1.0 now allows admins to choose to bypass the recently active users limitation and send to all valid users instead:

View attachment 223725

Thanks for the suggestion.
Thank you for adding these!

Please consider a monthly digest option. This would be very useful.

Here's the error, Once I disabled the addon, everything works fine.

• ErrorException: Fatal Error: Access level to SV\AlertImprovements\XF\Admin\Controller\User::userSaveProcess() must be public (as in class Hampel\WhatsNewDigest\XF\Admin\Controller\User)
  • src/addons/SV/AlertImprovements/XF/Admin/Controller/User.php:37

Oops - my bad. Can you please try v4.1.2 - that should fix the issue.

Top Bottom