What would you pay for xenforo when its released ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodForum.com

Just curious on what the members here would pay for xenforo ... I put the price in yearly terms for simplification ... this could serve as a guide for the owners and lets me test the poll feature :D

Since its still a forum software, i think the price point for me should be between 150 to 200$ max. I won't mind dishing out more for official CMS bridges though.
Simple question deserves a simple answer.... I will pay whatever they sell it for. :)

What if its 1000$ Peggy ;)

Just curious on what the members here would pay for xenforo ... I put the price in yearly terms for simplification ... this could serve as a guide for the owners and lets me test the poll feature :D
Not really interested in paying an annual fee for software. Annual fees are for services. I would pay $150-$200 to purchase a license for use though.

Initially there will only be a forum, no one will have seen the code, no one will be modifying it, nothing will be known except it works really well. And it will be competing with established platforms that are in the $100/year range.

1-2 years from now that situation will be much different.

It will be interesting to see how they make that transition with regards to licensing and renewal costs... and other things.

I think it comes down to what features are on it when it's released. Am I going to have to pay for a freelancer to come in and make custom things for it that I feel should be set standards? :). I would normally say I'd pay whatever they ask for because so far I'm loving the forums but again I still need to be cost effective when launching a new project :)

Initially there will only be a forum, no one will have seen the code, no one will be modifying it, nothing will be known except it works really well. And it will be competing with established platforms that are in the $100/year range.

I suspect there are people who will immediately start creating and sharing modifications.

Initially I'm going to have to pay less mainly cause Internet Brands has hurt the wallet big time. Paying the $235.00 for the vBulletin 4 license was total waste of money in my humble opinion.

Simple question deserves a simple answer.... I will pay whatever they sell it for. :)

Not a chance in hell. I would walk from vb, IPB, xenforo, you name it, if the price didn't match what I was buying based across the industry as a medium.

What you are saying is that you would buy a toyota at Ferrari prices. That's just silly IMHO.

I chose the cheapest above, as it was on a per annum basis. Looking at what it costs to realistically own vb or IPB, the first one would be the most accurate at an initial cost to purchase with one year of updates, then you pay more based on their set fee to obtain further updates.

I have no problem paying them $999 per year, as long as it's not my money.

That said, I voted: whatever they ask, I will pay.

I am serious about my site, and these guys are serious about the forum software.
They will ask a competitive price, not an unrealistic one. So I am sure it will be around a number I can pay.

its impossible to say. does xenforo feature an improved permissions system? styling system? moderation system? plugin system? navigation editor? profile styling?
if no, im not sure i would be willing to pay anything at all, although the interconnectivity of the news feed in and of itself is a tempting feature. the conversatons are another temptation (never used it, but im hoping its an eve-like private threads thingo).

im looking for more than a modern template, i want the functionality that vb lacks. i want the things that were never fixed in vb3/4 to be fixed in xenforo. if that is the case i would overlook lack of unused vb options when determining value for money in regards to xF pricing.

I would like to warn the XenForo developers not to be carried away by all the positive feedback on these forums. There are a whole lot of your potential customers who wont post on these forums at all, but the pricing will matter to them a lot, particularly if they are going to be converting from another forum software. Xenforo may be good but it still has to establish itself as a commercial forum software.

Do not underestimate the competition that established softwares like vBulletin and IPB will give you. If you price this product too much then it will fail. The pricing should be such that it should be affordable and attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom