What would you pay for xenforo when its released ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodForum.com

Just curious on what the members here would pay for xenforo ... I put the price in yearly terms for simplification ... this could serve as a guide for the owners and lets me test the poll feature :D

Would that imply that the software is available before sale? How does that work?
It used to be in the official announcement thread, but I just checked and it has since been edited out. I'm guessing they'll start the early adopters sale the day the software is available for sale. :)

I 100% disagree against any "sale" discount price. To be honest. Believe in your product, stick to the price. Unlike vb4, don't pre sale vaporware that you know is under par, and customers will respect you for that.

The problem being Xen already has stiff competition from other commercial forum products and quite a few free products.

Price Xen too high and the market will evaporate pretty quickly. Offering a discount early adapter price is a legit method of getting product out into the market place. If Xen only has 20 or so installs then future purchasers comparing products are going to be hesitant with going with a product with low adoption rates.

Will be interesting to see how the price/maintenance fee is approached by Xenforo ....

I'm not willing to pay yearly at all. Paying for major versions only is how I'd like to do things. In fact, any mandatory subscription renewals just to run software, I stay completely away from.

The yearly fees are for maintenance updates or version updates usually. Ex: you buy version 2.1 an update is released (2.21) 3 months later. If you are under a Software Maintenance Agreement you get to download the update. Otherwise you would have to repurchase if you want the update. If you're not worried about minor updates (that could have new options), security fixes, bug fixes then you don't buy the SMA.

With the majority voting for $95 to $125, they get what they wished for.

24h window for $100 early adopter sale in the first week of October. See announcement forum for details :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom