What was supposed to be in XF 1.2?

JMO here but,

for a new software to be released, Gold. Then have a major problem as serious as this spam attack has been upon the xF software with no 'official' reaction/solution, is not a very good nor wise business approach. I understand the difficulties of the ongoing legal battles, however does that preclude the current version, which many have bought and paid for, from being supported? I think the answer to that should be a resounding, no.

I love this software. Obviously, I only know this side of the screen. I am not privy to certain aspects, such as the spam attacks directly upon this software being generated/directed towards one side of a lawsuit from the other for the purpose of destroying it. If that is the case, I would say if it isn't achieving it's objective/directive, it is coming very close. I just wish the answers were better here.

My best to Kier and Mike as well as Ashley and the rest. You have done a great job with your product, I would love to see it continue.

Dan

JMO here but,

for a new software to be released, Gold. Then have a major problem as serious as this spam attack has been upon the xF software with no 'official' reaction/solution

That sounds to me like a forum administration problem, not a problem with the software you purchased. Recaptcha has been cracked. It is one of a few stock options for spam control provided stock with XF. You continue to use it as your sole means of spam prevention. That is your problem, not an XF problem.

Q/A works quite well. There are a number of other free captcha add-ons available in the Resources section. I suggest anyone that's having problems with spam avail themselves of an alternative to recaptcha immediately.

Am using the Q/A, but that has been cracked as well.

Don't misunderstand me. I love the software.

Back on topic for a moment and as was previously mentioned, 1.2 was supposed to contain a mobile style, something I really needed. Based on what I've seen posted (and not posted) on these forums, I had to take the view some while ago that there would be no further development of XenForo and look elsewhere for solutions. I now for example have Tapatalk installed as well as custom coded solutions for other areas that also don't meet my needs.

The core product is still a market leader in my view and highly stable. I have no idea if it'll ever be expanded upon by the developers but I find it pays to err on the side of caution which is why I've chosen to find other solutions for the extra functionality I require.

Returning to the subject of spam. I've had less than 10 spam posts to deal with during the last month on my XenForo forum. There's a lot you can do to stop it and I'm a little surprised that more hasn't been done here. It's one of the reasons why I rarely visit these forums any more.

30696458.jpg

1. A good mobile style for IOS, Windows 8 and Android is essential. That is how most users will be accessing.
2. Incorporating the best third party Add-on functionality.
3. A solid portal feature with social networking integration.
4. Keeping the software up to date with operating system changes.

Top Bottom