1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What kind of sport(s) do you do?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ahmed, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

Do you do any kind of sports in a regular basis? What kind of sport(s) do you do?

2. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Does screaming at the TV when the Ref clearly got a call wrong count?

Dragonfly and Ashley like this.
  3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I don't 'do' any sports, but my favorite to watch on tv or attend in person, is ice hockey.
    I don't follow any stats, just love the game.

4. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

Started rowing one week ago and it's fun.

5. Ashley

Ashley Business Guy Staff Member

Count me in for that.
    Does it also count if the screaming is from the side line or is that a different sport?

Dragonfly likes this.
  6. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

That is different as you tend to scream louder at the sideline plus the traveling there which isn't included in the tv version...

7. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Walking, running, swimming, weightlifting.

Used to be good in athletics but never tried to compete.

8. Mert

Mert Well-Known Member

I can't do a lot of sports because of my knee injury. Already had 6 operations from my knee and my doctor wants another one but i strongly deny that. I used to play basketball , tennis but my fav sport was wind-surf

9. Alice

Alice Active Member

Full contact kick-boxing. :)

10. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

No sports per-say, but I have started to do a lot more exercise lately, mostly running, walking and cycling... Though when the weather doesn't match the Wii, Wii Fit and EA Active also keep me sweating :D

11. captainslater

captainslater Well-Known Member

Riding my bike mostly, some running
    and also the full portfolio of Wii Fit/Active games ;)

12. Ruven

Ruven Well-Known Member

Full Contact Board Warrioring.
    Have been practicing the art of long windedness for many years now.

Walter and Dragonfly like this.
  13. AmericanForum.com

AmericanForum.com Well-Known Member

On a regular basis, I try to work out the weakest muscle with the most potential ... the brain :)

Dragonfly and Peggy like this.
  14. Floris

Floris Guest

Horseback-riding.

Dragonfly and Jo. like this.
  15. Jo.

Jo. Well-Known Member

I do horse-riding (I'm in my university riding club :)) ... also did Kung Fu for a bit but then uni stuff kind of took over my time lol. I also like ice skating, but the nearest rink to here is in Wales and I can't drive so it's a couple of train journeys away.

Dragonfly likes this.
  16. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

I used to ride, and compete, show jumping and eventing mainly, but I haven't ridden for ages, and play no sport as such any more.

Floris and Jo. like this.
  17. Jo.

Jo. Well-Known Member

Riding makes me feel free and safe and happy lol. I don't do it nearly as much as I would like, and it is expensive when you're on a student budget, but I do it when I can. :) I like dressage most of all I think.

If I had the time and money, I'd definitely consider having my own horse. I've been obssessed with them since I was 2 lol.

18. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Yes, anything equestrian is pretty expensive! I would love to get a horse again, but we don't have a suitable property, nor the money lol! My son is learning to ride at the moment, he is doing OK, doesn't love it like I did when I was a kid though unfortunately, but he enjoys it enough to go each week!

If I was to take it up again I would definately be into Dressage rather than jumping or eventing now, those are very demanding sports, and a lot harder than they look on the rider :p Dressage is a lot calmer and less stressful :D

19. The Sandman

The Sandman Well-Known Member

20. Jo.

Jo. Well-Known Member

yeah for some reason it seems like girls like riding more than boys - never understood that lol.

I like how you are so fine-tuned into the horse when you're doing dressage - you and the horse almost become one and that's pretty cool I think. I know it's like that with jumping and eventing too, but there's something a bit deeper maybe about the dressage connection. (I probably sound a bit loopy lol, but that's my experience anyway!)