XF 2.0 What is the null in account_visitor_menu logout?

LPH

Hi

I'm working on a logout form external to XenForo 2. In XenForo 2, the template account_visitor_menu builds a link with a null in it. What is the null referencing?

Code:
<a href="{{ link('logout', null, {'t': csrf_token()}) }}" class="menu-linkRow">{{ phrase('log_out') }}</a>
Currently, my form is based on XenForo 1, which had a redirect.

Code:
echo '<a class="xenword_logout logout" href="' . \XF::app()->router()->buildLink( 'canonical:logout', $visitor, array(
      't' => htmlspecialchars(\XF::app()->container( 'csrf.token' ) ),
      'redirect' => $redirect_out
   ) ) . '">Logout</a>';
I'm thinking the redirect needs to be removed in the array because XenForo 2 doesn't support it but I'm not clear if a null needs to be included. Any help would be appreciated.

Jeremy P

The null is passed because the second argument to the link function is used for building route parameters. For the logout route, there are no route parameters.

Jeremy P

It doesn't hurt anything, but yeah, there's no need to pass anything in for the second argument.

LPH

So the second argument should be null, the third should match the array I have, and the fourth in mine should be removed because there isn't a redirect. Correct?

This leads to:

PHP:
echo '<a class="xenword_logout logout" href="' . \XF::app()->router()->buildLink( 'canonical:logout', null, array(
      't' => htmlspecialchars(\XF::app()->container( 'csrf.token' ) )
   ) ) . '">Logout</a>';