What is Cloudflare ? How does it help webmasters ?

Definitely need to try this in the near future, just need to find the time. Great to see a representative of the service active on these forums as well, very encouraging and certainly making this my favoured service of this type to try :).

Hi Tomble,

Thanks! Please do let me know if you have any questions. Setup generally only takes about five minutes or so:) The one thing I do recommend is reading the earlier part in the thread about getting original visitor IP for XenForo. Since we act as a reverse proxy for your site, our IPs would show w/o some quick changes.

Probably. We generally make sites about 30% faster on average.
My old one was .61 and with cloudflare .47 22% increase not to mention the numerous security benefits(good for my kind of site) and another good thing is that I enjoy the speed of my site now. If you ask anyone that knows me they will see I am obsessed with optimizing my sites and that it is very unhealthy the amount of negative criticism I give my own site. Can't say that after using Cloudflare.

My old one was .61 and with cloudflare .47 22% increase not to mention the numerous security benefits(good for my kind of site) and another good thing is that I enjoy the speed of my site now. If you ask anyone that knows me they will see I am obsessed with optimizing my sites and that it is very unhealthy the amount of negative criticism I give my own site. Can't say that after using Cloudflare.

Exactly the kind of testimonials we like to hear:)

Exactly the kind of testimonials we like to hear:)
Glad to hear that :). Only saying what is one my mind. I will be upgrading to pro service soon so I am expecting even better performance with the preloader and better security with that WAF. I do have a question though. Which cache level would you recommend for xF? Aggressive or Basic?

Hi,

You bet! One thing to keep in mind is that it is also easy to purge your CloudFlare cache (settings->CloudFlare settings->Purge Cache). If you are making changes to your site's static resources, be sure to go to development mode first so they changes appear immediately (settings->CloudFlare settings->Development Mode->Toggle on).

Hi,

You bet! One thing to keep in mind is that it is also easy to purge your CloudFlare cache (settings->CloudFlare settings->Purge Cache). If you are making changes to your site's static resources, be sure to go to development mode first so they changes appear immediately (settings->CloudFlare settings->Development Mode->Toggle on).
Yup...I've been doing my research and have been lurking around your site for a while now :). Like your UI feels so clean and makes the browsing experience enjoyable.

I tried it on my forums a while ago. It seems the system is quite new and buggy. I would not just to cloud flare just yet. Its also a pain if you want to update your site several times a day as it shows you old versions. Great idea though.

"I've been doing my research and have been lurking around your site for a while now"

Cool; I'll be sure to share that with the team about your positive experience.

Hi Faith First,

When did you try CloudFlare? What kind of issues did you? Lots of changes over the past few months & a lot of stability coming very soon (more datacenters).

We're trying to figure out what kind of values we should have for Development Mode. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom