What have you bought recently?

I've just gone ahead and bought the PlayStation 4 with CoD: Ghosts.
I actually had to get BF4 as the website I bought it from ran out of stock for the CoD: Ghosts bundle.

It cost £494.86 (~ $825).

2gtptw4.jpg

A Rumba ultimate electronics kit for my second 3d printer.

(For the non-techies, it's a hybrid Arduino ATMega with a RAMPS control board baked in, along with all the other electronics needed to get the printer working).

I actually had to get BF4 as the website I bought it from ran out of stock for the CoD: Ghosts bundle.

It cost £494.86 (~ $825).

2gtptw4.jpg
Nice one :)

It's funny. I know of nobody buying the Xbox. As someone who had a 360, I wouldn't even consider buying the Xbone. The PS4, both price and feature wise seems to be crapping all over the XB lol

I'm still holding off on getting the PS4. Right now there's too few games that interest me. I'm not a fan of COD or BF anymore (having spent the best part of 5 years buying each one and playing them), but Watchdogs looks pretty awesome.

Nice one :)

It's funny. I know of nobody buying the Xbox. As someone who had a 360, I wouldn't even consider buying the Xbone. The PS4, both price and feature wise seems to be crapping all over the XB lol

I'm still holding off on getting the PS4. Right now there's too few games that interest me. I'm not a fan of COD or BF anymore (having spent the best part of 5 years buying each one and playing them), but Watchdogs looks pretty awesome.

I think they just dropped the price for xbox one in the uk which is cool(not for us americans :D).

I'm tempted to buy the xbox one bundle with titanfall, get the game for free basically(until they drop the price of the xbox a month down the road haha).

As for recent purchases, sounds awkward referring to him like this haha

puppy.webp

I think they just dropped the price for xbox one in the uk which is cool(not for us americans :D).

I'm tempted to buy the xbox one bundle with titanfall, get the game for free basically(until they drop the price of the xbox a month down the road haha).
Yeah, Gamestop were doing it for £369 IIRC, still a bit more pricey than the PS4 (£350) although I think the Gamestop one included either Titanfall or COD.

Either way though it's still a terrible deal when you take everything else into consideration. With the PS4 you get free games every month - and not crappy arcade titles, real games. Whilst there aren't currently many PS4 titles in the freebie list (understandable I guess given how new all title are), March's is Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition. The February one was Outlast, January's was Don't Starve.

Given that whatever happens you'll be paying for Gold on an Xbox, the PS4 alternative looks way better. Plus you could pick up a cheap old PS3 and that gets 3-5 free titles a month too. It's a no brainer really.

The only 'plus' the Xbox has is the controller. Other than that there's really nothing there that makes it stand out as being better IMO.

Got one here... and my pre-order for TitanFall just waiting on 03/11 to roll up. That's the main reason I got it. Overall - for a pure game console I would have to recommend the PS4.

I wanted to get a messenger bag and look what showed up in the valve store
I think I've made my decision.

Attachments

• A01043_Main.webp
    A01043_Main.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 14
Bought these Legos yesterday.

Jedi Intercepter
General Grievous Wheel Bike
Vulture Droid
V-Wing Starfighter
Battle on Saleucami
Utapau Troopers
Kashyyyk Troopers
Deathstar Troopers

I redid my entertainment center over the last couple months.

32" TV
5.1 Surround Sound (Home theather in a box)
Blu Ray Player
Updated to the newest Roku box.

I'm not exactly sure why I bought Roku. I love the interface and have had all three generations of boxes. My Sony Blu-Ray player does Netflix and Amazon. I don't really need the Roku.

All in all I'm happy when all is said and done I spent around $600. So long as everything lasts. It'll keep me happy for years to come. My last entertainment center upgrade lasted me a decade.

I also bought myself a Thinkpad Edge 530 and maxed out the RAM (to 16GB) but that is more of a need than a want. Overall I'm happy with the purchase I just wish the trackpad wasn't the worst I've ever used.

Top Bottom