XF 2.0 What does "enable moderation" mean?

sophie1204

Some of my users have reported seeing a drop down menu that says "enable moderation" at the top of a page displaying search results. These users are not moderators or admins. Can anyone explain to me what this is and why it's appearing where they can see it?

This dropdown does enable moderation on searches that show multiple content types as results (as opposed to a single content type like threads) :)

If this is being shown it means that etiher those users are moderators somewhere, the you are using an Add-on the is causing a bug or that your style is broken, eg. it does not process the conditional statement correctly.

As a first step I'd analyze the permisions of one of the affected users.

Thanks for your answer. I analyzed their permissions and found nothing that should allow this. And I have no add-ons, either. So I'm not sure what's going on.

How would I check to see if my style is broken?

Create a new style with no parent style, select it in frontend and test if it also happens there.

If it does not, it's most likely a style issue.
If it does, go and Analyze the permissions again (both global and node based) and if you still can't fine a cause open a support ticket.

Top Bottom