What do you think of Windows 10?

Windows 10 Anniversary is even worse than vanilla Windows 10... My taskbar randomly disappears constantly with Anniversary (gets replaced with a solid black line), forcing me to change my resolution, and then change it back for it to reappear.

Not to mention the update reset ALL of my settings.

I've had no issues after the anniversary update was installed on August 10.

I haven't received the anniversary update as of yet.

As for Windows 10, I have no issues and think it's one of MS's better releases, but that is just my opinion. It's far, far better than dictatorshipOS, (oops auto-correct kicked in) I meant iOS.

My new pc received the anniversary edition update on day 1. It took MS Techs three days to fix it after. The other computers in the house haven't been prompted yet.

There have been a few other quirks, resolved with recent updates. With some software and a router change several ofactors my administration tasks are taking much less time.

However, some of my older games no longer run. Battlefield and Doom run great, but cant tinker in Simcity :(

my wife got a Chromebook earlier this year and she loved it so yesterday I got one myself. Right now I'm using my voice to post this message here on the form. It is so much easier to use and I can do more faster. When I open the Chromebook it's instantly on and I don't have to wait for any sort of boot sequence, and I can log in using my phone. So I don't even have to type in a log in. And this computer cost me $200. So cheap yet so awesome. I am no gamer so I'm not sure about the high-tech specs that some computers have but this computer is super fast and does everything I need. Bye-bye windows for a while.

my wife got a Chromebook earlier this year and she loved it so yesterday I got one myself. Right now I'm using my voice to post this message here on the form. It is so much easier to use and I can do more faster. When I open the Chromebook it's instantly on and I don't have to wait for any sort of boot sequence, and I can log in using my phone. So I don't even have to type in a log in. And this computer cost me $200. So cheap yet so awesome. I am no gamer so I'm not sure about the high-tech specs that some computers have but this computer is super fast and does everything I need. Bye-bye windows for a while.
Its going to be happy days when we steam a OS like a VDI does now. Thats the future.

I think that's great you feel the dication is good enough to compose your posts. It's one of the new ways of posting that makes it much easier to post on mobile as well as desktop.

I've seen reactions from some admins that absolutely detest mobile and think it's awful for their forum because they feel people can't compose quality posts and answers using a tiny keyboard, but it's not the case at all. My Dad composes all his text messages and does all his searches and composes a decent percentage of emails on his iPhone using purely dication because he's not a fast typer on mobile. It's really good these days.

I think that's great you feel the dication is good enough to compose your posts. It's one of the new ways of posting that makes it much easier to post on mobile as well as desktop.

I've seen reactions from many admins that absolutely detest mobile and think it's awful for their forum because they feel people can't compose quality posts and answers using a tiny keyboard, but it's not the case at all. My Dad composes all his text messages and does all his searches and composes a decent percentage of emails on his iPhone using purely dication because he's not a fast typer on mobile. It's really good these days.
I would say a year or two ago it was not as good. I would try to post with my voice and sometimes I would misss mistakes such that the post was not clear. It just didn't understand my voice well enough or maybe my voice was not clear enough. it's hard for me to say whether the technology has improved or my voice has improved, but on both counts I'm happy.

and actually now that I have been studying Chinese for four years I can also post with my voice in Chinese, interestingly there is no way to use your voice to add punctuation marks when speaking Chinese which is a big limitation. I'll try a little...

我还可以用我的声音发布动态但是没有办法可以加标点

Ahh, right you are. It seems punctuation is limited with google to 6 options and only in 6 languages. I've only tried the first 5 in my usage on my iPhone, plus some extras such as 'smiley face', that work on iOS.

You can use these phrases to add punctuation to your text:

• Period
  • Comma
  • Exclamation point
  • Question mark
  • New line
  • New paragraph
Notes:

• Punctuation works in German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, and Russian.

Apple seem to have a much more comprehensive list, I wonder if they work in Chinese.

Ahh, right you are. It seems punctuation is limited with google to 6 options and only in 6 languages. I've only tried the first 5 in my usage on my iPhone, plus some extras such as 'smiley face', that work on iOS.

Apple seem to have a much more comprehensive list, I wonder if they work in Chinese.

Oh, that's good to know. I also do not know about the "new paragraph".

Top Bottom