What do you think of the French in general?

• While this may not be the entire population of France, I do find it funny they make fun of Americans for getting into everyone's business yet if it weren't for us butting in, France would be under German control...
  • Love the Accent when they speak English.
  • Haven't been there but heard (and seen pictures) it is beautiful.
  • I always wondered if you guys call them French Fries also
  • Do the French really not shower everyday?
  • To add to the above, do the women not shave their armpits either?
  • You guys don't really have a good automotive manufacturing company (Maybe if you squint really hard, Renault could be considered decent)
  • Lady Liberty is awesome, thanks for that.
  • Are the French much more open to sex? For example, here in the U.S. it is still a relatively taboo discussion.
Overall I like the French and I would love to visit France and tour the country side. :)

I have no right to judge, because I was a little bit in France , but I'll tell my impressions:
- French men are very surly. I do not remember a man who was polite and kind to me. Only immigrants and Russian. I'm glad that Nice and Courchevel have Russian guys (or Russian guys have Nice and Courchevel).
- Staph is unfriendly everywhere.
- I have not found a good coffee. And soup.
- In Russia, we have a cult of French women. We think that thay is the most beautiful, stylish and well-groomed woman. I saw a lot of fat women and shabby nail polish. :eek:
- A lot of stores are closed in the afternoon. French do not like to work.
- France expensive country...
+... but very beautiful. I'm in love with Montpellier. I saw a very beautiful people and I saw a beautiful little town near Spain.
+++ And we love very much the French comedy.(y)
++++++I adore pink champagne "Andre et Jacques Beaufort." Right now uncork a bottle.

Courchevel have Russian guys (or Russian guys have Nice and Courchevel).
Vive Les TroisVallées !!
http://www.les3vallees.com/

OTMini[1].webp

If I had to draw a picture of a French based on stereotypes found in Asia:
1) French are all romantics (Thank you Paris! It makes it easier with girls. Same thing for Italians with Rome. Unfortunately with the behaviour of some guys, our reputation is becoming very bad.)​
2) French never take a shower (A big thank to our Kings !)​
3) French women are always wondering this fundamental question: "Should I buy a Louis Vuitton, an Hermes or a Chanel bag ?" (Thanks to Japanese Culture, Japanese influence in Asia & Japanese Women who created a trend: having a LV bag is not only fashion, it's a social status: You don't have a LV, you don't belong to our group. Oh my god, I'm different then? Should I been bullied? I must buy a LV!!! Most of French women can't afford to buy such expensive goods)​
4) The most famous French song in China is "Helene"... which was a sitcom in the 90th... but really not that popular... and actually... well just look and make your own opinion:​
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
5) French food is great but expensive (that is true)​
6) French are arrogant (that's true, but whose fault? Who say "France is so great !" "French are so romantics". Even though this is based on false facts, we still do believe this ^^ :p)​

If you've got Asian Friends who plan to go to France, just one advice to give them: "do not wear mini shorts, trousers are safer".

Now just one thing, if you go to Courchevel & Nice, no wonder why you find France expensive. French stores are not closed on the afternoon. But most of them are closed during the weekend (it's the law).

Last thing: most of French are working far more than 35 hours a week, and even those who do have a better productivity than some workers from other countries (there are some European statistics. I don't have time to look after them for you.

Good people, good food, nice scenery. I was there on business years ago. Paris was apt to New York at the dead of night; e.g. dirty as hell.

When I taught MBA, my colleagues were eager to have an internship in France .... because they had to work only 8 hours. And it was a lot. Nobody wanted to go to the U.S. because Americans work like a horse.
Food ... I'm not impressed ... you have to look for good restaurants and cafes.
And Courchevel has several levels. Below you can live very cheaply.

Oh, I remember Helen and guys. When I was in high school and lived in the same place, we often watched this episode. And we watched the series about a French dance academy. I'm always annoyed after seeing that the Russian ballet is so hard. :(

How could I forget? Nilda Fernandez!! (ups, He is Spain)
I am very regret that this singer has returned to France :cry:

I love the food, culture, and I would love to live there for a time to round out my Patissier/Chocolatier training and knowledge.

Plan on learning French next year in anticipation.

I don't know many French people, have met a few here, but not so many, my best friend at high school was French and I spent a lot of time with her and her family. They were absolutely charming, I adored them all.

Vive la France!

Things I don't like.... Nuclear testing in the Pacific.
Bombing of the Rainbow Warrior in Auckland Harbour.
Spitting/snotting, eating with their mouths open.
Allowing their dogs to poo everywhere

Top Bottom