• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What do you think of the French in general?

Hyperion

Um, as an American, here are a few things about the French off the top of my head, and not checked for accuracy.

1 / Thanks for the Statue.

2/ de Gaulle really didn't like us.

3/ Guys still not cool about us making English more popular than French?

4/ Much smaller than the States and China, but one of the largest militaries. I assume that is why I see fancily-dressed armed guards every time Francois Hollande holds a press conference, but not Angela Merkel: Have to find something for the soldiers to do, like the English did during the 2012 Olympics (they know what I'm talking about). (And yes, I know we are far more wasteful.)

5/ Thanks French guy for that documentary, Food Beware: The French Organic Revolution. A real eye-opener, that one.

6/ We still joke about you guys losing to the Germans so fast. For example, I still remember that comic by 8-Bit Theater where the Black Mage goes, "Ah! Organs failing... like the French."

7/ Heard Sarkozy was not a big fan of Turkey's candidacy to join the EU. I wonder what the current President of France thinks.

8/ I heard something unflattering happened between you guys and Algeria. Haven't yet read the book I have on it, though.

Edit: I just realized I don't sound excited about France, but I would jump on the first plane to it if I could afford it.

ManOnDaMoon

I may not sound very objective, if any at all, but I'd say I love it. :D

Anyway, this documentary you are talking about, Hyperion, looks interesting. I'll have a look.