What do you think of the French in general?

Q: How many Frenchmen does it take to defend Paris?
A: Nobody knows, it's never been tried.
Q. Why don't they have fireworks at Euro Disney?
A. Because every time they shoot them off, the French try to surrender.
Q. Why did the French plant trees along the Champs Elysees?
A. So the Germans could march in the shade.
Q: How many gears does a French tank have?
A: 4 reverse and 1 forward, in case the enemy attacks from the rear.
Q: How can you identify a French Infantryman?
A: Sunburned armpits.
Q. What do you call 100,000 Frenchmen with their hands up?
A. The Army.
Anyone see the French Military Rifle on eBay? It's never been shot and only dropped once!
I don't know how the French survive. A lot of hot women, but not a man among them.
Pretty much line the collection of jokes above

Q: How many Frenchmen does it take to defend Paris?
A: Nobody knows, it's never been tried.
Q. Why don't they have fireworks at Euro Disney?
A. Because every time they shoot them off, the French try to surrender.
Q. Why did the French plant trees along the Champs Elysees?
A. So the Germans could march in the shade.
Q: How many gears does a French tank have?
A: 4 reverse and 1 forward, in case the enemy attacks from the rear.
Q: How can you identify a French Infantryman?
A: Sunburned armpits.
Q. What do you call 100,000 Frenchmen with their hands up?
A. The Army.
Anyone see the French Military Rifle on eBay? It's never been shot and only dropped once!
I don't know how the French survive. A lot of hot women, but not a man among them.

Arguing with liberals fred is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock out the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around like it is victorious.

Just like a lib...

He asked for an OPINION and I gave one. But because it doesn't conform with what you believe it should be, the personal attacks begin.

I love it. Reality is the best demonstration of the liberalism as a radical viewpoint. Mao and the Khmer Rouge would be proud. Be careful that the purge you lead never turns on you.

Just like a lib...

He asked for an OPINION and I gave one. But because it doesn't conform with what you believe it should be, the personal attacks begin.

I love it. Reality is the best demonstration of the liberalism as a radical viewpoint. Mao and the Khmer Rouge would be proud. Be careful that the purge you lead never turns on you.

Fred.....this is an insult...not only to Allan and his whole country, but to myself and the rest of our country's citizens. Your opinion was a series of textbook jokes (which you didn't create) and then a confirmation that you THINK the french are spineless....go find the high road somewhere else.

As far as a purge I lead...I have no clue what you are talking about, unless you are a stalker and know something about my personal life. So basically pucker up and kiss the broadside of my rear....

pardon my french.

On April 5, 1986, a bomb exploded in a disco in Berlin frequented by United States service personnel. Of the 200 injured, 63 were American soldiers; one soldier and one civilian were killed. Two of the wounded airmen were friends on mine. One suffered wounds so bad he was medically discharged. Two years later, amid depression, we took his own life.

On the late evening of 15 April and early morning of 16 April 1986, under the code name El Dorado Canyon, the United States launched a series of military air strikes against ground targets inside Libya. The timing of the attack was such that while some of the strike aircraft were still in the air, President Reagan was able to address the US public and much of the world. He emphasized that this action was a matter of US self defense against Libya's state-sponsored terrorism. I was deployed to RAF Upper Heyford to assist in rescue operations, if they became necessary.

The mission was complicated, because the French, who have been cozy with Gaddafi since he took power, refused the US fly over request. Air Force F-111B's successfully carried out the operation anyway. To date, this remains the longest tactical operation ever carried out by US airpower.

So yes, I have a great deal of contempt for the French. Its based on my personal experience, and there isn't a damned thing you can say to invalidate that. You may not like it, but its a fact.

It was in general, not politics and war...

By what you are saying...I could insinuate that because an ex girlfriend of mine cheated on me and she was american, that your offspring would also be a dirty piece of trash...doesn't sound nice does it, but that is my personal experience and there isn't a damn thing you can say to invalidate that either.

Does it not sound a bit ridiculous that I superimpose my view of one woman in my personal life and turn it into a judgement against a whole gender? Why would a few people in power making a call make you hate all of a whole country? Use your head and remember where you are, unless you are just trying to stir the pot , fan the flames and get attention.

If you want to have this conversation which paints a picture of an entire nation you should do it where people are trying to engage that way. What you are doing is hurting this place which is bad unless that is your intention. I support the people who put up their lives when it is necessarily...this is not one of those times....a good soldier knows when not to fight. Again, all respect for your service, but you are way out of line here.

Your comparison falls flat. You want to compare what a single person does to you in particular an paint broad generalizations based on it and compare that to the history of geo-political relationships between two countries. Do they not teach logic in school any more?

Are you sure your ex-girlfriend cheated or was she stolen from you by a german guy?

Your comparison falls flat. You want to compare what a single person does to you in particular an paint broad generalizations based on it and compare that to the history of geo-political relationships between two countries. Do they not teach logic in school any more?

Are you sure your ex-girlfriend cheated or was she stolen from you by a german guy?
So you see my point...you are saying that because the french govt (a small group inside of France ) didn't want to allow you a flyover and made complications that all of the french are responsible and therefor cowards. I didn't see the correlation either...and I am glad you understand how ridiculous my point sounded...I was using your logic in my point. Didn't sound so logical from your side of the battlefield did it?

As far as Germans, well half of my family lineage was destroyed by Nazism, I however have a German uncle who serves this country as well. Does that mean I should disrespect him as well ? No. And the girl was American and the guy was American and they are both trash, and her father who pushed her away from me was pretty narrow minded and his superficial judgement of me caused her to look elsewhere for a long term relationship that would allow her a fathers approval...which is funny because after we split, she was used and abused by a slew of 'respectable' American men.

Think about what you are saying and have said and why you are in fact the one running your emotion through a non-logic filter.

some of the the best wine, cheese & food in the world... & garlic....lots of garlic. :)

sexy chic women(y)

outside the cities just like eveyone everywhere... try to "fit in" be polite & they are great, parisians espescialy are so far up their own arses they can see out of their own eyes.....

i like their way of life generally, and their direct action approach to unpopular politics. ;)

befor you start slagging the french military I suggest a bit of history..Charlemagne & some no nothing general called Napoleon spring immediately to mind, there are several others, if you want to talk about politicians with no balls ...well FDR springs to mind ;)

This thread needs more frog legs...

Fried-frog-legs.jpg

Hey, we know that John Kerry, Mitt Romney, Paul Brenner and many other high placed US Gov. officials are Francophiles. Nuff said......

Of course, that does not include Thomas Jefferson.

I think Fred must have never heard of Lafayette...some of his "jokes" are actually Italian ones (usually), in which case their is some truth to them! But, heck, I think of myself as a guy who would rather be a lover than a fighter...so those are redeeming qualities! Being able to march in goose stepping lines like the Prussians may have been an advantage way back when, but today the smooth talking frenchman is gonna get the.....well, get the genes passed on!
:p

Sador said:
I think the French in general are fairly French.​
:cautious: ?
He is inviting us to muse on the very nature of a nationalistic way of looking at membership in a country, to reflect on the France that is and could be, to ponder whether the France of yesteryear will in any way resemble that in the more integrated European Union of the future, and to analyze whether how French see themselves today is already outdated.

Or maybe just saying the French are French, or the French are dumb, or something equally unflattering, or maybe flattering.

In any case, there is much to gleam from this statement, in what may be vague, or really not (but requires common sense or more intelligence to get). I do not know. Wait, what?

I have not had any close personal interactions with any French people, but generally speaking, I'm fond of anyone who lets Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie live in their country...now if you would promise to keep them there and never let them leave, I'd love you all for life. :)

Top Bottom