What do you do to relax?

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
Arranging music from video games
Playing video games
Playing the weirdest version of D&D known to man (but OH GOD, IT'S FUN AS HELL)
Making up random characters
Listening to anything techno or metal as long as it isn't Goth Metal or Lady Gaga (eww)
Talking to friends
Hanging out with friends
Animating
Writing random stories

Umm...

1. Read books to my 8 year old daughter and 9 year old son (he loves listening even though he reads substantially faster than I do :eek:, esp Terry Pratchet I love doing voices with accents, esp a good Scottish Brogue :) ).
  2. Play Hero System (Champions) with the kids. He's a wanna be game designer (pretty dang good actually, made some awesome improvements to traditional games) while she's a natural born story teller, so they are a great combo.
  3. Play City of Heroes/Champions
  4. Looking forward to Stardock's Elemental: War of Magic which is shaping up to be the first good TBS game in a loooong time.
  5. Digging around researching cool J! extensions and other useful web tools.
  6. Playing with betas of all stripes. I just LOVE playing with shiny new web toys, and Susan is brilliant at breaking things in new and creative ways :).
  7. Woodworking of all stripes though haven't been doing much of that as I'm only just almost fully recovered from a 20 lb spool of nylon fibre smashing the last joints of my right ring and index finger so hard against my table saw top that the bone spurted out like toothpaste :eek:.
  8. Gardening: Susan's common member name is GofD which stands for Garden of Darwin. We plant interesting perennials, and if the thrive good. If they die, well so be it ;).
  9. Read books that my kids might like so I can give 'em good recommendations :).

Umm...

1. Read books to my 8 year old daughter and 9 year old son (he loves listening even though he reads substantially faster than I do :eek:, esp Terry Pratchet I love doing voices with accents, esp a good Scottish Brogue :) ).
  2. Play Hero System (Champions) with the kids. He's a wanna be game designer (pretty dang good actually, made some awesome improvements to traditional games) while she's a natural born story teller, so they are a great combo.
  3. Play City of Heroes/Champions
  4. Looking forward to Stardock's Elemental: War of Magic which is shaping up to be the first good TBS game in a loooong time.
  5. Digging around researching cool J! extensions and other useful web tools.
  6. Playing with betas of all stripes. I just LOVE playing with shiny new web toys, and Susan is brilliant at breaking things in new and creative ways :).
  7. Woodworking of all stripes though haven't been doing much of that as I'm only just almost fully recovered from a 20 lb spool of nylon fibre smashing the last joints of my right ring and index finger so hard against my table saw top that the bone spurted out like toothpaste :eek:.
  8. Gardening: Susan's common member name is GofD which stands for Garden of Darwin. We plant interesting perennials, and if the thrive good. If they die, well so be it ;).
  9. Read books that my kids might like so I can give 'em good recommendations :).
Yer a good dad! :)

I tend to do the following

- code, with heavy metal blaring through earphones.

- watch movies, mainly horror.

- watch DVDs of TV shows, can't stand adverts at the best of times, current favs "True Blood", "Dexter", "Supernatural"

- read a whole bunch of books

- write reviews.

I was going to add watch Rugby, but that's hardly relaxing ...

I don't get a lot of "me" time, but when I do, I just like to curl up on the couch and watch a movie (or some tv), head to the beach or work on my truck.

Top Bottom