What Did The Queen Say?

DRE

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

k i found out what was up after reading the youtube comments:

JohnMan59 said:
By protocol, she cannot toast HERSELF. She did respond by raising her glass. In England, the clinking or contact of glasses is NOT part of a traditional toast. Simply raising your glass, as the Queen rightly did, is proper.

Your post is just another example of the HATERS trashing this good, soon-to-be-re-elected President. Or, you could vote for the BILLIONAIRE-supported enemy of the middle class. Your call. Hate or Hope. Stay the Course. Heal the nation. (and I ain't talking England)

JohnMan59 1 month ago

By protocol, she cannot toast HERSELF. She did respond by raising her glass. In England, the clinking or contact of glasses is NOT part of a traditional toast. Simply raising your glass, as the Queen rightly did, is proper.

Your post is just another example of the HATERS trashing this good, soon-to-be-re-elected President. Or, you could vote for the BILLIONAIRE-supported enemy of the middle class. Your call. Hate or Hope. Stay the Course. Heal the nation. (and I ain't talking England)

I now know for a fact you have done 0 research on our current president and that of Mitt Romney. You should really stop listening to the political ads for your information.

This vid clip is always so HILARIOUS. I suppose Mr. President should have read up on English custom. I would have likely yelled, "Here here!" And broke into a chorus of "For she's the jolly good fellow..." Just to help dude play it off LOL

J.

It doesn't matter if you support the guy or not (I do not); when he is acting in the Office of the President on the world stage, we want him to perform well so as not to embarrass us as a nation. I supported Bush because of his policies, but his performance on the world stage was embarrassing. Not his policies, mind you, but how he personally conducted himself. Diplomacy is not a Ft Worth honky tonk. Don't act like you're sitting at the bar in Billy Bob's Texas.

On the contrary I thought Bush was an extraordinary class act. A major reason folks had such a low opinion of him is because he was hammered every single day by those in the media who wanted to keep the ****pot stirred up and stinky. If the Queen of England were called (and portrayed) as a bumbling fool every day for 1460 days, you would start to believe that she's a bumbling fool. After another 1460 days you would want to stone her as to get William in her seat pronto.

Anyway - Bush was "made" into a charicature of a president, which I think served both he and the country wrong. Never underestimate the power of suggestion.

Great job Ms Jac, now I have to clean the mtn dew off my screen from laughing so hard :D
See? I planted the suggestion that you laugh and it worked like a charm :p
Seriously though. History will evaluate President Bush as inevitably all presidents are. I think there will be a bit of redemption on Bush's behalf as we look toward his policy, as opposed to thinking him a country idiot from the great state of Texas. Slightly off-topic - I will be voting for President Obama this go around. The anti-gay policy on the right -- which is too reminiscent of America's bigotted past for my liking -- leaves a horribly foul taste on me tastebuds... I've gotta go brush my teeth now.

On the contrary I thought Bush was an extraordinary class act. A major reason folks had such a low opinion of him is because he was hammered every single day by those in the media who wanted to keep the ****pot stirred up and stinky. If the Queen of England were called (and portrayed) as a bumbling fool every day for 1460 days, you would start to believe that she's a bumbling fool. After another 1460 days you would want to stone her as to get William in her seat pronto.

Anyway - Bush was "made" into a charicature of a president, which I think served both he and the country wrong. Never underestimate the power of suggestion.
Not sure if you're serious, but the Royal Family has been getting backlash for decades, especially around the time of Diana's death. They're not immune to criticism, most of which has been harsher than what Bush received during his presidency.

Not sure if you're serious, but the Royal Family has been getting backlash for decades, especially around the time of Diana's death. They're not immune to criticism, most of which has been harsher than what Bush received during his presidency.
Well... I was just making an analogy. But then again, there are those Britains who think very poorly of the Royal Family. I would suspect a lot of it has to do with how the Family has been portrayed over the decades, and not because you're intimately familiar with them enough to pass judgement...

JohnMan59 1 month ago

Or...you could vote for Ron Paul, the only honest Presidential candidate. Libertarian party 2012.

Well... I was just making an analogy. But then again, there are those Britains who think very poorly of the Royal Family. I would suspect a lot of it has to do with how the Family has been portrayed over the decades, and not because you're intimately familiar with them enough to pass judgement...
Ah gotcha. Yeah, while I did vote for Bush and found him ridiculous at times, I do feel he was blamed for a lot and it isn't like he had a very easy presidency. Two wars, an attack on US soil early in his first term. And so on...

I can't believe people are still buying the 9/11 attacks. It just reflect how people are easily fooled by corporate media.
Immortal Technique- The 4th branch
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom