1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Did The Queen Say?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DRE, Oct 4, 2012.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

2. sydneyh

sydneyh Member

"That is very kind of you" :p

8thos likes this.
  3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

k i found out what was up after reading the youtube comments:

Adam Howard and sydneyh like this.
  4. sydneyh

sydneyh Member

Haha i actually thought she dissed him :p

5. BlackJacket

BlackJacket Well-Known Member

I now know for a fact you have done 0 research on our current president and that of Mitt Romney. You should really stop listening to the political ads for your information.

John likes this.
  6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

lol @ research. That's from the youtube comments.

Brandon Sheley likes this.
  7. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC Well-Known Member

This vid clip is always so HILARIOUS. I suppose Mr. President should have read up on English custom. I would have likely yelled, "Here here!" And broke into a chorus of "For she's the jolly good fellow..." Just to help dude play it off LOL

J.

vVv and 8thos like this.
  8. Fred Sherman

Fred Sherman Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter if you support the guy or not (I do not); when he is acting in the Office of the President on the world stage, we want him to perform well so as not to embarrass us as a nation. I supported Bush because of his policies, but his performance on the world stage was embarrassing. Not his policies, mind you, but how he personally conducted himself. Diplomacy is not a Ft Worth honky tonk. Don't act like you're sitting at the bar in Billy Bob's Texas.

8thos and vVv like this.
  9. MsJacquiiC

On the contrary I thought Bush was an extraordinary class act. A major reason folks had such a low opinion of him is because he was hammered every single day by those in the media who wanted to keep the ****pot stirred up and stinky. If the Queen of England were called (and portrayed) as a bumbling fool every day for 1460 days, you would start to believe that she's a bumbling fool. After another 1460 days you would want to stone her as to get William in her seat pronto.

Anyway - Bush was "made" into a charicature of a president, which I think served both he and the country wrong. Never underestimate the power of suggestion.

3c and John like this.
  10. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

Great job Ms Jac, now I have to clean the mtn dew off my screen from laughing so hard :D

Adam Howard likes this.
  11. MsJacquiiC

See? I planted the suggestion that you laugh and it worked like a charm :p
    Seriously though. History will evaluate President Bush as inevitably all presidents are. I think there will be a bit of redemption on Bush's behalf as we look toward his policy, as opposed to thinking him a country idiot from the great state of Texas. Slightly off-topic - I will be voting for President Obama this go around. The anti-gay policy on the right -- which is too reminiscent of America's bigotted past for my liking -- leaves a horribly foul taste on me tastebuds... I've gotta go brush my teeth now.

12. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

13. MsJacquiiC

Probably too sensational for my liking. But dude! Apparently Hatfield wasn't one to talk about anyone. A convicted felon. Party to murder...? Guilty of embezzlement. And apparently killed himself.

Naw. I think I'll pass. Thanks for the suggestion just the same though ;)

14. OSS 117

OSS 117 Well-Known Member

Not sure if you're serious, but the Royal Family has been getting backlash for decades, especially around the time of Diana's death. They're not immune to criticism, most of which has been harsher than what Bush received during his presidency.

15. MsJacquiiC

Well... I was just making an analogy. But then again, there are those Britains who think very poorly of the Royal Family. I would suspect a lot of it has to do with how the Family has been portrayed over the decades, and not because you're intimately familiar with them enough to pass judgement...

16. a legacy reborn

a legacy reborn Well-Known Member

Or...you could vote for Ron Paul, the only honest Presidential candidate. Libertarian party 2012.

17. MsJacquiiC

Unfortunately (especially when you consider our 2 party system) a vote for Ron Paul would be a wasted vote.

18. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

Ron Paul or Gary Johnson.

19. OSS 117

OSS 117 Well-Known Member

Ah gotcha. Yeah, while I did vote for Bush and found him ridiculous at times, I do feel he was blamed for a lot and it isn't like he had a very easy presidency. Two wars, an attack on US soil early in his first term. And so on...

20. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

I can't believe people are still buying the 9/11 attacks. It just reflect how people are easily fooled by corporate media.
    Immortal Technique- The 4th branch