XF 2.0 /forums/forums/ in url. What did I screw up?

Here's an example url for one of my forums: https://factomize.com/forums/forums/general-factom-discussion.2/

Why is /forums/ listed twice? For the life of me I can't figure out what setting I screwed up.

Thank you for any help!

This is perfectly normal. Many forums are installed in a folder called forums. One option you might like to do is move the XenForo software into the web root. That way you won't have forums/forums/ as you have now.

Did you change anything in your control panel settings? I once experienced the same issue after one of my admins tweaked the following setting under Basic Boad Information:

4392350D-AED6-45DE-BE32-E03802AE342A.webp
Put forums/ in there and it should stop showing forums/forums because you specified the forums/ route as your index page. This should, afaik, be the default setting after installing XF2.

I think you may be stuck with having something in there, even if it's /-/

What folder is XF installed in?

I suspect that first "forums" is the folder you installed to and the second "forums" is the default forum route.
It is quite common for people to install their forum in a subdirectoruy of the root called /forums/

It kind of makes sense in some ways that xenforo adds to the path:

/forums (for the forum list
/threads/ for the thread list
/resources/ to the resource list

But it does look odd when the actual xenforo is in /forums/ because you will then get /forums/forums/

This forum is installed on /community/ so instead you get /community/forums/ when browsing for the forum list or a forum view

Last edited:
Top Bottom