Well, I have finally pulled the trigger

I believe it's Helvetica 11pt, but I'm on mobile so I can't check. I posted where to look a few posts back tho. What you see here is the official tagging, default in 1.2. The only add-on is [bd] tags, which I've never really used. As such, I can't really comment on most of it. I'm half asleep, I'm allowed to misunderstand things! Lol.

I believe it's Helvetica 11pt, but I'm on mobile so I can't check. I posted where to look a few posts back tho. What you see here is the official tagging, default in 1.2. The only add-on is [bd] tags, which I've never really used. As such, I can't really comment on most of it. I'm half asleep, I'm allowed to misunderstand things! Lol.
@King Kovifor I beyond GOT it now with the tags. Thank you guys! I keep being quoted and members replying so it keeps looking like I keep asking the same questions, especially when on a mobile and hard to keep up. No worries. Thank you King!

No I know it isn't Helvetica... that's our primary font used at Apple a lot. hrmmm... I'll tinker around and find it... no worries. :)

She's a feisty one.. she'll fit in here just fine (y)
Of COURSE! Have to be to work in a man's dominated field... first off in Apple in general, then in computers and tech stuff, and especially in the forum world! Seems to be, although I know there are a lot more than I realize, that there ain't many women around these parts! LOL!

You can tell different fonts just by looking at it (and name them?). O.o Color me impressed. But unfortunately, I am outta guesses. Lol.

But now, with tagging, you gotta understand the differences... (insert half asleep mumblings) lol

Testing 123 -- I thought the font was Georgia... The font is Georgia size 4. For some reason, Georgia has never been the top of my list, but caught my eye here because I like the was it does numbers (1.1.5 vs. 1.2) and I like the way it looks when italicized.

You can tell different fonts just by looking at it (and name them?). o_O Color me impressed. But unfortunately, I am outta guesses. Lol.

But now, with tagging, you gotta understand the differences... (insert half asleep mumblings) lol

Oh heck yes! The common ones at least. Helvetica is just very common and a standard font we use at Apple for a lot of our print stuff, and the standard Times Roman and Georgia and Verdana and Trebuchet MS ... I can normally scope those out. This is why it shocked me this was Georgia because I have never really "liked" it... but it all depends on what format it is used in on if it looks "right" or not. Looks "right" here, and I noticed in my testing version of XF it's not using that font as default. Or that may be because my forum font from previous threads moved over that way. I will have to find out, because I want this ONE as my default.

Post font may be different than the rest of the style font. I've personally never really paid attention (and actually the numbers are what annoys me the most. Haha), so I really don't know. :|

Yeah I just looked, the posting font IS Georgia be default on the testing version of my forum as well. So yay for that!

yup

Code:
.messageText {
   font-size: 11pt;
   font-family: Georgia,"Times New Roman",Times,serif;
   line-height: 1.4;
}

Also impressed that you could tell just by looking

If your environment does not have the Georgia font (some old Unix beasts) then it then uses >> Times New Roman >> Times >> serif

Thanks @tenants looks like my site will be migrating today sometime. We have decided to go ahead with 1.2 versus 1.1
I am glad I am able to impress some of the amazing more tech advanced people here with my ability to recognize by vision fonts and their size. LOL! At least I get brownie points for something! LOL! If anyone needs a font deciphered, let me know! LOL! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks @tenants looks like my site will be migrating today sometime. We have decided to go ahead with 1.2 versus 1.1
I am glad I am able to impress some of the amazing more tech advanced people here with my ability to recognize by vision fonts and their size. LOL! At least I get brownie points for something! LOL! If anyone needs a font deciphered, let me know! LOL! :ROFLMAO:
Now you'd get more brownie points if you understood tagging. :ROFLMAO::whistle: I'm joking, of course.

A lot of styles aren't yet 1.2 compatible, but are slowly being updated. You can turn off Responsive elements and test to see if it functions for the most part and upgrade to the 1.2 version later.

A lot of styles aren't yet 1.2 compatible, but are slowly being updated. You can turn off Responsive elements and test to see if it functions for the most part and upgrade to the 1.2 version later.

Thanks @King Kovifor I sent this over to my tech team to make sure they knew of this. I know that right now they are working on seeing if it will work with 1.2

Oh gosh, I wish I was a patient person! LOL! -- I am just dying to get this all going and up and running with all of my add-ons and stuff!

LMAO!

On another note, well crapola! Now I am being told the style I purchased isn't made for 1.2 JEEZ!!!!!
It will be one of the first ones of mine made to work with 1.2 when it goes Gold. I already have it working with Beta5 on my development board and the framework is 95% finished for 1.2 as well...so don't worry, I'll take care of you. ;)

It will be one of the first ones of mine made to work with 1.2 when it goes Gold. I already have it working with Beta5 on my development board and the framework is 95% finished for 1.2 as well...so don't worry, I'll take care of you. ;)

Oh thank you! This sounds good... but I guess my question is... as I just purchased it yesterday, my tech guys are working on trying to implement it into 1.2 beta right now. Will it not work right now? It doesn't sound like it from what you said? Can you contact @Claudio Ba about it? it's his guys that are working on it and maybe you could help them get it implemented?? I don't want to sacrifice one for the other... I REALLY want the 1.2 XF, but REALLY want your Swatch style! All of my moderators and I spent HOURS upon HOURS yesterday trying to pick a style that we ALL agreed on for our new forum... after about 8+ hours of deliberating finally decided on Swatch and the mods LOVE it!

Top Bottom