Weird Logon Issues with IE

ddmmh

I just did a fresh install of beta 4. Installed Jaxels portal and medio addon.

http://www.mmazone.com.au

I had my admin account - Seb

I setup the facebook features through the admin panel and edited some normal setup options... nothing out of the ordinary.

Created a new account on my forum using my FB to test it out - Sebastian Bernal

Now I have some weird issues.

I dont get these issues in FF but I do in IE8

I login with my admin acount Seb and about 1 second later the page refreshes and I am logged out again... does this continiously.

Ive noticed when I log in with my FB account and log out the main forum page will just refresh automatically every 2 seconds or so...

This is incredibly weird and annoying as I prefer to use IE.

I have no idea what is causing this, can anybody help? thanks

***update***

Well just incase things werent weird enough... now when Im logged in with my FB account and click 'log out' it does log me out... then decides to refresh and log back into my FB accout automatically... WTF

---Update---

Something makes IE8 refresh! I tried signing up as a new user and after i signed up the page refreshed and i got a POST error. Anyone got any ideas whats going on??? thanks

I'm gonna go with some standard troubleshooting steps for this one.

1) Try to reproduce the problem on a default style. Create a new style with no parent:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Styles -> Create New Style

Then select that style on your forum. If the problem goes away when using the new style then you know it's a problem with your custom style.

2) Try disabling your addons:

Admin CP -> Home

Use the check boxes on the right side under Installed Add-ons.

I'm gonna go with some standard troubleshooting steps for this one.

1) Try to reproduce the problem on a default style. Create a new style with no parent:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Styles -> Create New Style

Then select that style on your forum. If the problem goes away when using the new style then you know it's a problem with your custom style.

2) Try disabling your addons:

Admin CP -> Home -> List Add-ons -> Disable (in the Control menu for each addon)

This theme worked fine on beta 3.

I did try disabling all add-ons and used the default theme and still have the same issues...

I dont have any issues when using firefox or safari(iphone). Only when i use IE8

I have disabled facebook as a login option and that has fixed the problem for now. I do want to use facebook login though! and it was working fine on beta 3 so I dont know what the issue is now??

Whenever the facebook login option is enabled it automatically logs into xenforo. Loggin out only logs it back in 2 seconds later. IE8 bug XF bug?

I did have a redirect page that sent all traffic from the main domain to the community folder where my xf is installed. This somehow could of been an issue. Causing the weird refresh loops. I'll update as I find more

ok i disabled facebook signin/signup after my last post but now im trying to resolve it again.

I am still having the weird issues where I can login with facebook then when i log out the entire site constantly refreshes in my browser. No matter if im in the forum or the portal section(xenportal) video section(xenmedio) etc etc... the pages just constantly refreshes every 2 seconds or so. I have test this at home and at work. Usine IE6, 8 & 9(beta) and the latest firefox. I havent tried chrome yet but I really doubt that will make a difference.

Can someone PLEASE help? This is the weirdest thing and i have NO IDEA how to fix it.

I left facebook activated on my site so other people can try if they wish. Simply signup via facebook method... login via facebook, log out.. wait a seconds and feel my frustration.

One thing I do want to mention is my forum is installed in a subfolder /community the main domain is mmazone.com.au. I have a PERMANENT re-direct that sens mmazone.com.au to mmazone.com.au/community

If no one understand what im saying I can make a video or something??? I really want to fix this as disabling facebook signup I believe will cost me members. Thanks

I would try removing any redirects first to see if that is the reason.

Actually ive removed the re-direct, forgot I can do it through cpanel also. It appears to be the issue, thanks Brogan!My next question is what can i do? When i used a HTML direct last time i was having issues it was WORSE then the 301 re-direct im using now. My forum is /community so I need it to go there but also not interfere with my facebook, any suggestions? thanks

If it's something set outside of XF on the server, unfortunately, it's unlikely that I can do anything to workaround it.

Hi Mike,

Sure, I dont really need you to look into anything as I found the problem, just thought you might like to investigate for development issues.

One thing you may be able to help me with is a solution for this? 301 or HTML re-directs both fail for me. Does this mean the only thing I can do is create an intro page? Is there any other way around it, and is this a freak bug just for me or would this problem be for anyone re-directing main domain to a subdirectory??

Cheers.

This might be obvious, but you could move your forum into the web root so you don't have to redirect to a subdirectory. That requires copying the files to the new location and updating your board URL:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> Board URL

Or we can try to fix your redirect so it doesn't cause problems. But I don't understand the nature of your redirect problem. Is CPanel creating a .htaccess file for the redirect? Can you post the .htaccess code?

This might be obvious, but you could move your forum into the web root so you don't have to redirect to a subdirectory. That requires copying the files to the new location and updating your board URL:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> Board URL

Or we can try to fix your redirect so it doesn't cause problems. But I don't understand the nature of your redirect problem. Is CPanel creating a .htaccess file for the redirect? Can you post the .htaccess code?

Is it really that easy to move the forums? Wont there be some issues? And can i just as easily move it back to a folder in the future? if its as simple as just moving files then I might just do that.
I am using cpanel for 301 re-directs, if i can move the forum that easy id rather just do that but if not ill paste the htaccess settings, thanks

I put the re-direct up again, still getting the same issues. So heres a copy of whats inside the .htaccess
Code:
RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^mmazone.com.au$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.mmazone.com.au$
RewriteRule ^/?$ "http\:\/\/www\.mmazone\.com\.au\/community\/portal" [R=301,L]
Getting the refresh issues on IE now. In google chrome loggin in with facebook doesnt log in it just goes back to the forum homepage.

If you have google chrome you can see for yourself. http://www.mmazone.com.au
Man everytime its different issues, this is doing my head in!

Top Bottom