XF 2.2 Weird issue for me as admin - please help

ArtG

So I logged in on my admin account today and the CSS seems to be completely messed up. When I log off or log in with another account, the css is fine.

Any thoughts?

Screenshot 2022-11-01 at 10.24.09 AM.webp

ModSecurity pushed out new rules that had a block for the css.php. They have apparently updated the rule sets and a new update was supposed to be pushed out, so if you are still having issues, you need to let your hosting provider know to update their modsecurity rule sets.

Kind of wierd that this was resolved automatically when I upgraded.
Odds are it's nothing "weird" about it. There was a rule set update that was pushed out for modsecurity that blocked XF's css.php from being able to be accessed... which therefore blocked applying the CSS to the site.

Really @Tracy Perry ? All of the sudden this happens? IDK. ModSec was on previously and this didn't happen and forum was running without any issues and was fixed when I paid this upgrade which we were intended to do with major upgrade. My host (Neil @ Hawkhost) claimed it was a htaaccess rules issue with many IPs causing the problem. Again, IDK.

Really @Tracy Perry ? All of the sudden this happens? IDK. ModSec was on previously and this didn't happen and forum was running without any issues and was fixed when I paid this upgrade which we were intended to do with major upgrade. My host (Neil @ Hawkhost) claimed it was a htaaccess rules issue with many IPs causing the problem. Again, IDK.
Yes, "all of a sudden". If you review the posts here, it affected a LOT of people.

That happens when a bad rule is pushed out via modsecurity.... and since MOST shared hosts (and many that use cPanel on a VPS or dedicated server) use it, it affected a LOT of people. So no, it's "not a surprise" that this can happen. When you have a security feature that looks for certain files (either in regex or specific) or certain words and modsecurity is blocking them, it's not an abnormal occurrence. That's why one of the first points of contacts when something like this happens should be your hosting to see if they changed/updated anything if the site had been working normally.
You see, it didn't affect my site at all... because I don't use modsecurity on it.
You need to specifically ask "Neil" at HawkHost if they had applied the most recent modsecurity ruleset and then later updated to the fix that they pushed out for that very issue. When you have a site that has been running fine, and all of a sudden it has issues, far and away the majority of the time the issue is with the host itself. They've either made an infrastructure update/change or modsecurity has had a new ruleset applied.

Top Bottom