1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Issue...Check please.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by gmaister22, Dec 30, 2010.

1. gmaister22

gmaister22 Active Member

Hey
    I got two people that registered yesterday but look down here whats going on :S People that registered yesterday are not visible and they can't be viewed either...They even see me with my ex-nickname (FJK) which is now NOiR....Why is that happening?

Your Name is FJK....right? I am also following you. can you see me in your followers list?

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Anonymous User wrote:
    And I also saw you visting my profile.

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Anonymous User wrote:
    Yes, I am posting on the site. I can see BiigerB also but not alex. Are you logged in right now? I am. I could see you yesterday but not today. MY user name is BlueDolphin. I am also recieving alerts from the site for my activity on site. Its elitenerds.org...right?

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 3:20 PM, George Gaitantzis wrote:
    buddy you are not in the database :S
    are you sure that you registered? :|

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Anonymous User wrote:
    I see that you have moved the site to XENFORO. I and BiggerB registered there yesterday. Alex registered there today BUt he cant see us and we cant see him . I also posted a there in main forum and biggerB replie dbut he cant see this thread either. Can you us registered and our thread. If there is any glitch there, please fix it.
    Thanks.

2. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Using phpMyadmin, have you physically checked the User table for the two user names? If they are not there then they did not register. I just joined your site for testing (hope you do not mind), and all is working as expected. Your user name shows as NOiR, and I can not find any reference to FJK. Someone may be pulling your leg.

3. gmaister22

gmaister22 Active Member

hmm....you also registerer? cause if you did, i can't see you, Tommy is a friend of mine and he's the latest one that registered :S I'm gonna check phpMyAdmin now :)
    Latest Member: Tommy Pickle

4. Lawrence

The latest member to register won't show my name until the cron job runs, :) I just checked, and it now shows my name as the latest to register, :)

5. gmaister22

gmaister22 Active Member

ahh, btw yeah they are not registered in the database...it kinda weird though...
    http://i52.tinypic.com/111ic6w.png

they keep telling me that they registered and they can't see me as NOiR just as FJK and they also made a post that nobody can view... just those 2 guys :S random stuff

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

Obviously they are just playing around with you.

7. gmaister22

gmaister22 Active Member

Nah, not really. Actually they are 3 friends from whom just one could register successfully the other 2 are having that issue...They don't have any reason actually to "play" with me

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

But it sounds very strange you know.

And you are using the social theme eh [​IMG]

9. gmaister22

gmaister22 Active Member

10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Your member name is showing correctly for me.

members.PNG

11. gmaister22

gmaister22 Active Member

Yes it showing correctly for most of the people but i have no idea why they can't see it :S

Isn't it weird? :O

12. Brogan

Judging by the screenshots you posted above, it looks like a different forum to me as the member names don't match.

Are they loading the correct URL?

13. gmaister22

gmaister22 Active Member

yeah...in fact my name in the beginning was FJK but i changed it...

14. Brogan

The member names and details in your screenshot (http://screensnapr.com/v/GWWkbm.png) don't match with what is currently on your site as I posted above, so either they're sending you images of an old build or they're not on the same site.

15. gmaister22

gmaister22 Active Member

Yes buddy, they keep telling me that now, the same time we talk they refresh the www.elitenerds.org and what they get is that on the screenshots...
    Maybe it's the cache or something?
    I will ask them access the forums from a different computer

16. Brogan

Well on the screenshot you posted, 2 of the members have a single trophy point and you as FJK have none.
    Now, you have 1 trophy point and only one other member has 1 so I don't see how it can be browser cache as the trophy point counts have reduced for the normal members, even if they have changed their names since then.

You can ask them to clear browser cache but I have a feeling it's not that.

17. gmaister22

gmaister22 Active Member

Then what could it be...that was the only hope i had.

18. Lawrence

I see one of the 2 members with the problems now show in the members list, what was the problem?

19. gmaister22

gmaister22 Active Member

It's now working buddies :)

By the way, is there any way to add default user badges (userbars) on each member group?

20. Brogan