Browser issue Weird behaviour on images expanding (mobile)

CyberAP

On mobile when you click on an image to expand it the screen blinks 3 times and the image expands with a lack of transition. The weird thing comes again if you click again: you're redirected to the top of the page.

Tested on iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4.

On iOS 6 with my iPhone 5, I have to click images twice to get them to expand - a single click just shows the 'click to expand' prompt - and then it expands as expected on the next click - but I don't get the screen blinking thingy you describe..?

By screen blinking I meant page reflow. Or this is just how jQuery animations work on iOS. This bug happens mostly on large images.

I've actually confirmed this now a few times. Double clicking on the image to expand it causes it to blink a few times. Basically it is not smooth or a nice transition.

I think we're going to write this one down to a case of tiny screens with tiny graphics processors can't really be expected to smoothly animate huge graphics and leave it at that.

Of course, a link to an image that consistently produces the problem would be helpful in confirming this conclusion.

Well you can get perfectly smooth animations on iPhone 4 and higher. I think it just needs a bit of optimization.

Sorry no link right now, I'll play with this on next week again.

Top Bottom