1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browser Issue Weird behaviour on images expanding (mobile)

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by CyberAP, Jun 25, 2013.

1. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

On mobile when you click on an image to expand it the screen blinks 3 times and the image expands with a lack of transition. The weird thing comes again if you click again: you're redirected to the top of the page.

Tested on iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4.

2. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

I haven't been able to reproduce this... yet.

3. Kier

On iOS 6 with my iPhone 5, I have to click images twice to get them to expand - a single click just shows the 'click to expand' prompt - and then it expands as expected on the next click - but I don't get the screen blinking thingy you describe..?

4. CyberAP

By screen blinking I meant page reflow. Or this is just how jQuery animations work on iOS. This bug happens mostly on large images.

5. Hornstar

Hornstar Well-Known Member

Have you got a link to a post with an image where it happens.

Adam Howard likes this.
  6. Hornstar

Hornstar Well-Known Member

I've actually confirmed this now a few times. Double clicking on the image to expand it causes it to blink a few times. Basically it is not smooth or a nice transition.

CyberAP likes this.
  7. Kier

I think we're going to write this one down to a case of tiny screens with tiny graphics processors can't really be expected to smoothly animate huge graphics and leave it at that.

8. Kier

Of course, a link to an image that consistently produces the problem would be helpful in confirming this conclusion.

9. CyberAP

Well you can get perfectly smooth animations on iPhone 4 and higher. I think it just needs a bit of optimization.

Sorry no link right now, I'll play with this on next week again.

10. CyberAP

Haven't tested first click yet, but second click still redirects to the top of the page.