1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Web based config panel

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Tommyz, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Tommyz

Tommyz New Member

Hey, we ordered Xen not long time ago.
    Anyone knows if there is web based admin panel or something like that? Using my registred licence email and password. like http://www.myadress.com/admin.php or like that?

Thanks!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That's exactly how you access the ACP.

Have you installed the software?

3. Tommyz

Tommyz New Member

Yes, everything is set up. Wierdly, i cant login with my credentials with what i login into my licence page.

4. Brogan

You need to login with the user name and password you used to create your forum account.

So that would the be the administrator account when you installed it, or your own account if you have a separate one.

If you mean the customer account page here then those details are separate.

5. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

When you install XF you set your own admin username/password. They are the details you need to use, not your details from here at xenforo.com.

6. Tommyz

Tommyz New Member

Oh, i have no clue with what i set it up. Got any idea how to solve it? Can i do password change from my licence page?
    It shows that licence is fully working etc.

edit: cant i change it from here? http://xenforo.com/customers/ ?

7. Brogan

Send a message using the Contact Us form.

Or are you talking about your forum? I'm confused.

Have you tried clicking the Lost Password link on the log in tab?

8. Tommyz

Tommyz New Member

Yes. I would love to change my forums /admin.php login. I cant login with licence credentials.
    edit: there are no lost password tabs in /admin.php page.

9. Brogan

Login with your usual forum user name and password.

10. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

The license credentials are for here at xenforo.com. They are completely unrelated to logging into your own forum. On your own forum, if you don't know what password you set when you installed it, do as Brogan said and use the lost password function. The password to login to your admin control panel is the same as to log in to your forum.