Best control / web panel for xenforo?!

Hi,

I know there is centminmod...

But the problem here is, that it relys on centOS 7. - And we all know that centOS' days are numbered, more or less...

Best is to use Debian / Ubuntu...

So my question: Which web/ control panel shall I install, before installing xenforo?!

Do you have any experience?!

There are quite many; and I am not savvy in this.
I know that hestia CP is quite good, as I used it one time.

There is also:
Cloudpanel
aapanel
Cyberpanel
virtualmin
webmin
keyhelp
Fastpanel
spanel
cPanel (paid)
DirectAdmin (paid)

Some use nginx as default, others apache.

Anyone considering windows server core? I know, sacrilege! but, it's the same price as cpanel license, honestly.

I've been toying with it after all the news of alma and EL going haywire.

The biggest issue is how much they are going to fork from the RHEL code base... it's what CentOS was known for, and is what Alma and Rocky were "pushing" as their strong points.
Rocky Linux posted how it intends to obtain RHEL sources legally https://rockylinux.org/news/keeping-open-source-open/ through UBI container images and/or per pay use public cloud instances. So probably business as usual

Rocky Linux posted how it intends to obtain RHEL sources legally
Hopefully Alma will do similar.. I personally prefer using a version that has some large names backing it (Yes, Google is big, but... they are Google... Google be bad!).
From what I understand, Rocky is actually based upon the code from CentOS, whereas Alma is more directly based upon RHEL itself? That may be what ends up causing different issues?

I use shared hosting so get cPanel as part of the package. Works fine for what I need. If I was doing a self-managed server of some form, I would look at other options, I guess.
Anyone considering windows server core? I know, sacrilege! but, it's the same price as cpanel license, honestly.

I've been toying with it after all the news of alma and EL going haywire.
If I was self-hosting or running my own VM in a cloud, I might consider it. After all, I've been a Windows Server admin ever since Windows NT 3.51 came out and used to be MS certified on Windows NT 4 and Windows 2000 Server (haven't bothered to keep it up now that I'm in management).

Top Bottom