1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watched Threads Digest [Paid] 1.1.1

Remind your users about their unread watched threads via email

1. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

Daniel Hood submitted a new resource:

Watched Threads Digest - Remind your users about their unread watched threads via email

Read more about this resource...

Lindal_Oronar likes this.
  2. Lindal_Oronar

Lindal_Oronar Well-Known Member

I'm interested but one question.
    I can't send mails with a max of 100 in one hour.
    Can this add-on set the limit of xx mail per hour?

3. Daniel Hood

That is not currently a feature of this add-on. It's something I could potentially add in the future though.

4. Lindal_Oronar

Lindal_Oronar Well-Known Member

That would be amazing.

5. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood updated Watched Threads Digest with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. arn

arn Active Member

Very useful addon. It addresses one of my big issues with Xenforo -- if you don't click through on a notification email -- then you may never visit that thread ever again. This will try to re-engage people that might have abandoned or forgotten about your forum.

arn

Daniel Hood and Lindal_Oronar like this.
  7. Daniel Hood

8. kontrabass

kontrabass Well-Known Member

When I manually "run" the cron via admincp, it didn't seem to do anything (though XF says "Cron entry was run successfully."). Nothing in my mandril logs to indicate any email was sent. Hmm.

9. Daniel Hood

Do you have people opted in?

10. kontrabass

I thought, and it appears, like all users have the checkbox checked by default to get the digest. Maybe I'm missing something :)

11. Daniel Hood

Did you set the option: "xm_wtd_lastVisit"?

12. kontrabass

Yes, I have that set to 90. I'm using SMTP as mail transport method, with Mandril as my sender - does that make any difference?

13. Daniel Hood

That might be too high of a setting. Depending on what you have this option, readMarkingDataLifetime, set to it could be causing it to think they don't have any unread threads.

The add-on works by finding users that haven't been active in x days and searching their watched threads that have replies since the last time they viewed them (excluding all threads that don't have a viewing record). If you're pruning the last read data after 30 days (for example), only emailing users that haven't been active in 90 days will cause the system to never find threads due to a lack of last read data.

I didn't think about this issue until you showed how long you're setting the inactivity threshold for.

14. kontrabass

Doh, sorry... I confused your option with xenforo's "only send email/alerts to users active withing past x days" option. :whistle:

Ok, for this add-on, I've had it set at 84 hours (7 days).
    Screenshot at Jan 26 14-52-33.png

Daniel Hood likes this.
  15. Daniel Hood

I see the issue, this is my fault. I'll post a new version in a few minutes.

kontrabass likes this.
  16. Daniel Hood

17. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Can I use Amazon SES with this add-on?

18. Daniel Hood

I'm not 100% sure I understand the question. I assume you're using amazon to send emails, if that's the case then yes this will work with it. The emails go through the xenforo core so they would function the exact same way that the rest of your emails do.

fredrikse likes this.
  19. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Yes, I use it for Sendy. But I guess this configuration is done in Xenforo core then. Thanks.

20. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member