Watched Threads Digest

Watched Threads Digest [Paid] 1.1.1

No permission to buy ($15.00)

Hey Xon, seems after upgrading to latest version, when the cron ran on Friday I got 9000 errors instead of sending 9000 emails :)

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined variable: options - library/SV/WatchedThreadsDigest/Deferred.php:25
Generated By: Unknown Account, Friday at 7:35 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/talkbass/html/library/SV/WatchedThreadsDigest/Deferred.php(25): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/talkbass/...', 25, Array)
#1 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): SV_WatchedThreadsDigest_Deferred->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999988079071, '')
#2 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999988079071, '', false)
#3 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#4 /home/talkbass/html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(37) "https://www.talkbass.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(1) "/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Code:
ErrorException: Trying to get property of non-object - library/SV/WatchedThreadsDigest/Deferred.php:25
Generated By: Unknown Account, Friday at 7:35 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/talkbass/html/library/SV/WatchedThreadsDigest/Deferred.php(25): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Trying to get p...', '/home/talkbass/...', 25, Array)
#1 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): SV_WatchedThreadsDigest_Deferred->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999988079071, '')
#2 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999988079071, '', false)
#3 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#4 /home/talkbass/html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(37) "https://www.talkbass.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(1) "/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Yes, I have that set to 90. I'm using SMTP as mail transport method, with Mandril as my sender - does that make any difference?

That might be too high of a setting. Depending on what you have this option, readMarkingDataLifetime, set to it could be causing it to think they don't have any unread threads.

The add-on works by finding users that haven't been active in x days and searching their watched threads that have replies since the last time they viewed them (excluding all threads that don't have a viewing record). If you're pruning the last read data after 30 days (for example), only emailing users that haven't been active in 90 days will cause the system to never find threads due to a lack of last read data.

I didn't think about this issue until you showed how long you're setting the inactivity threshold for.

@Xon is this still valid?
My settings for Read Marking Data Lifetime (Days) is 30
If I set Unread Watched Threads Digest - Last Activity more than 30 days, then nobody will get an email?

Is there a combination from which every user with unread posts in watched threads get an email, regardless Read Marking Data Lifetime setting?

Or Unread Watched Threads Digest - Last Activity must be lower than Read Marking Data Lifetime (Days)?

@Xon is this still valid?
My settings for Read Marking Data Lifetime (Days) is 30
If I set Unread Watched Threads Digest - Last Activity more than 30 days, then nobody will get an email?
Correct. XenForo automatically marks stuff as read at that threshold, so sending the unwatched thread list after it isn't going to return anything.

Is there a combination from which every user with unread posts in watched threads get an email, regardless Read Marking Data Lifetime setting?

Or Unread Watched Threads Digest - Last Activity must be lower than Read Marking Data Lifetime (Days)?
"Unread Watched Threads Digest - Last Activity" must be lower than "Read Marking Data Lifetime (Days)". XenForo actively prunes the data this add-on reads once the "Read Marking Data Lifetime" threshold is reached.

@Biarritz64 there is a HTML template and an TEXT email template which have separate phrases and templates. You will need to edit both.

I don't believe there is a phrase for the HTML version (or at least I cannot find it). When you have extra time can you point me to where I can edit the HTML version of the digest? Thanks :)

I don't believe there is a phrase for the HTML version (or at least I cannot find it). When you have extra time can you point me to where I can edit the HTML version of the digest? Thanks :)
In the email template; xm_watchedthreadsdigest You sadly need to enable debug mode to see/edit it, and it doesn't cleanly support upgrading or merging on updating the add-on :(

XF1 design issue that is apparently fixed in XF2

Well not exactly - at the moment my addon only sends lists of "New" and "Updated" threads regardless of whether someone is "watching" them or not.
I'll create a bitbucket account and submit a pull request then :P It is a fairly small change to add a "watching" option toggle when you've done all the hard work of making it email stuff already

Top Bottom