Watched Threads Digest

Watched Threads Digest [Paid] 1.1.1

No permission to buy ($15.00)

Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood submitted a new resource:

Watched Threads Digest - Remind your users about their unread watched threads via email

Send your members emails notifying them of their unread watched threads. This can be a good way to get them back to the site and engaging in threads they've forgotten about.

upload_2016-1-11_10-53-32-png.726

Admin Panel

The cron that sends the email is registered as a cron entry under the "Tools" -> "Cron Entries" page. This allows you to pick when the email will be sent. It's defaulted to the first of every month but...

Read more about this resource...

I'm interested but one question.
I can't send mails with a max of 100 in one hour.
Can this add-on set the limit of xx mail per hour?

Very useful addon. It addresses one of my big issues with Xenforo -- if you don't click through on a notification email -- then you may never visit that thread ever again. This will try to re-engage people that might have abandoned or forgotten about your forum.

arn

When I manually "run" the cron via admincp, it didn't seem to do anything (though XF says "Cron entry was run successfully."). Nothing in my mandril logs to indicate any email was sent. Hmm.

That might be too high of a setting. Depending on what you have this option, readMarkingDataLifetime, set to it could be causing it to think they don't have any unread threads.

The add-on works by finding users that haven't been active in x days and searching their watched threads that have replies since the last time they viewed them (excluding all threads that don't have a viewing record). If you're pruning the last read data after 30 days (for example), only emailing users that haven't been active in 90 days will cause the system to never find threads due to a lack of last read data.

I didn't think about this issue until you showed how long you're setting the inactivity threshold for.

The add-on works by finding users that haven't been active in x days and searching their watched threads that have replies since the last time they viewed them

Doh, sorry... I confused your option with xenforo's "only send email/alerts to users active withing past x days" option. :whistle:

Ok, for this add-on, I've had it set at 84 hours (7 days).
Screenshot at Jan 26 14-52-33.webp

I'm not 100% sure I understand the question. I assume you're using amazon to send emails, if that's the case then yes this will work with it. The emails go through the xenforo core so they would function the exact same way that the rest of your emails do.

Top Bottom