Warning Improvements by Xon

Warning Improvements by Xon 1.7.2

No permission to download
1.4.8 should fix this.

Ok, it's installed, but when I try to warn someone I get a message:

The Boneyard - Error
You don't have permission to any warnings.

If I disable the addon, I can warn someone.

Any idea what I can do?

Ok, it's installed, but when I try to warn someone I get a message:

The Boneyard - Error
You don't have permission to any warnings.

If I disable the addon, I can warn someone.

Any idea what I can do?
In the admincp, Visit the warming category the warnings are under, and grant access to a group you have access to. By default it grants access to the 'registered user' group since recommended practice if everyone is a member of that.

In the admincp, Visit the warming category the warnings are under, and grant access to a group you have access to. By default it grants access to the 'registered user' group since recommended practice if everyone is a member of that.

Thanks. I got it working.

One question: I love the idea of the "Post Warning summary to thread" feature. The problem is the user is tagged and gets an alert with the mods name, "temery mentioned you in a post."

Can this be anonymized also, like the warning alert?

One question: I love the idea of the "Post Warning summary to thread" feature. The problem is the user is tagged and gets an alert with the mods name, "temery mentioned you in a post."
If the user can't see the forum, they can't see the tag.

Can this be anonymized also, like the warning alert?
It can actually; set 'User Id To Post As' to non-zero. This controls who the post is created by, and thus who the alert is sent as.

I can't seem to get the reply to thread to work for warning actions. Is there something else I need to do?

IMG_5889.webp

@Temery warning actions only trigger once, and are skipped if the user has more points than the warning action's threshold.

Can you confirm it is the post creation failing or just the warning action itself no applying? I'll likely need more information on the warning you where issuing which (failed) to trigger it

I seem to have a problem with this on XF1.4.5. When you have more than one warning groups, only one of the groups will appear in the list. This usually happens after making any sort of changes to warnings. Adding and removing random warnings to groups will eventually get the other groups to show up again... until you make your intended change in which case they will disappear again.

It's been an issue in 1.4.8 and the same in the latest 1.5.0 update.

@xSpeced do you have any other warning add-ons installed?
Nope. I deleted every warning then installed your warning improvement addon before the "warning group" update. Then it was a straight upgrade to the versions that included the warning groups.
I have the default group with "Custom Warning" in it and another with preset warnings for my forum moderators.
After some more testing, the same thing can be replicated on a fresh install of 1.4.5. I can only assume that it's a bug with XF 1.4 in general. To replicate simply install the addon, add a new warning group, add a new test warning. You should be thrown back at the main warning management page. Refresh and the new group you made will just not appear.

Nope. I deleted every warning then installed your warning improvement addon before the "warning group" update. Then it was a straight upgrade to the versions that included the warning groups.
I have the default group with "Custom Warning" in it and another with preset warnings for my forum moderators.
I'll have a look, I think some things might have been failed to be populated because of this.

Is there a way to include a link to the warned/deleted post with the alert ?
Not currently.

Top Bottom