Warning Improvements by Xon

Warning Improvements by Xon 1.7.2

No permission to download
Oh I get what you're saying.

So you can set up the individual usergroups in XF for styling, roles, etc and then have a specific combination of groups become a "Role Group" and then just assign people to that Role Group instead of having to apply each individual usergroup to each individual user to achieve the same combination of usergroups for a set of users....that would be pretty useful, considering how you structure the styling and permissions the way you do. Which I do also, to some extent

Reactions: Xon
I can only say that at a certain point the change of the primary user group makes sense to change all users of a certain kind in just one switch. I have thought this trough and through and in combination of user group promotions and purchasing user upgrades it totally made sense. I have "layered" user groups that combined have modular permission combination and that automatically add themselves on certain upgrades and downgrades. I can separate "registered users" entirely from my club member circle and registered users have an entirely different user experience. (@Xon's add-ons are extremely useful to assist these tasks that would not be possible with bare bone XF!)

The issue with the warning categories above was no real issue (not even a bug), it was just that i had to extend the default registered user group selection to my additional new primary user group). Everything is fine.

Reactions: Xon
I have a couple suggestions for a new feature:

Create a new warning action that kicks in when a new user (x days) received y warnings. My site just had a guy who registered a week ago and has six warning points in that time. It would be nice to create an automatic action is such cases. Maybe one also for an action when a user has x warnings within y number of posts. I run sports boards, and there are some people who only post after a loss. If a quarter of their posts earn warnings, it would be nice to have an automation action (ban, etc).

I have a couple suggestions for a new feature:

Create a new warning action that kicks in when a new user (x days) received y warnings. My site just had a guy who registered a week ago and has six warning points in that time. It would be nice to create an automatic action is such cases. Maybe one also for an action when a user has x warnings within y number of posts. I run sports boards, and there are some people who only post after a loss. If a quarter of their posts earn warnings, it would be nice to have an automation action (ban, etc).
That you can already cover with the system. Each warning has points, a warning action to ban the user just needs the according warning point threshold. Let's say each minor warning has 2 points and six warnings of that kind get you banned then you make an extra "ban" warning action at 18 points. The time factor is also covered by the system if you use the time limit of warning points. Either they can be permanent or temporarily. So if the first weeks are critical in your case you make it last a few weeks for minor stuff and longer for major stuff. If a user gets 6 warnings with 2 points each that last at least a few weeks than the 18 point ban threshold is met. There doesn't need to be an extra feature for this. Just creative application.

Thanks. I just came back to say I had figured that out, but thanks for the reply. It would still be nice to have an option for an action based on number of posts. Some users post infrequently, but still rack up a high warning to post ratio. The ones they get become inactive before they have enough to be consequenced.

@Recep Baltaş as I mentioned before, if you update the add-on to the latest version over the top of the existing version it will run the validation check to unstick users.

I haven't had any other reports, and haven't been able to reproduce this myself. My workload and other commitments have left me with little time to look into this issue.

Xon hi, could you add ann option to send warning notification to user in XF 2.0 version? Thanks.

And an ETA on XF 2.0 version :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom